Chapter Fifty Three: Wolkmaar History Lesson

Start from the beginning

"Girlfriend said that writing down things that worry you the old school way helps so...
The magic is completely out of control.
Places, whole areas and objects are teleporting around. Some objects are duplicating. Things appear out of thin air.
I am worried about the world ripping completely apart. It has already begun. We are trying to stabilize the planet by sealing the magic away. We are currently sealing some of it into objects which at least buys us some time. But it's only tiny amounts at a time, so we are working on something bigger.
The battlefield of the great war is a mess. The different sorts of magic have bundled together into a big toxic cloud that eats away everything. AND IT'S SPREADING! Everything will turn into black ash and crumble. Even the already messed up blood red soil that was tainted by the blood of magicals. My folk calls it Doshi Nekra now.
I'm going there to ban the magic myself. My girlfriend is upset since it might kill me. No.. It will kill me..
But otherwise everything will be eaten up by the cloud. Even if we can stop the earth from ripping apart, all of our efforts would be meaningless.
I have to seal it into my soul. My body will slowly be eaten apart by the magic  once I enter the area and both my body and my soul will be ripped apart by the sealing process. But the magic should be safely sealed in the fragments of my soul. I prepared for it. Hopefully the spell will be successful otherwise...

"Doshi Nekra?! Is this guy going to the Nekra Kingdom?", Wooyoung exclaims.
"I think this might be long in the past, since there hasn't ever been a toxic dark cloud that kills everything as long as the history books date back to.", Yeosang says.
"Doshi Nekra could also be the place where I was when I meditated. It looked similar to the Nekra Kingdom.", Mingi mentions.
"The place where you were and the Nekra Kingdom could have been part of one island too and it ripped apart and the Nekra Kingdom teleported to where it is now.", Jongho theorizes.
San looks over my shoulder and rereads the letter.
"What is this planet thing that keeps getting mentioned? Such a weird word."
"Sounds like it is some kind of invention that went out of control."
Seonghwa is deep in thought mumbling to himself.
The whole magic, magicals, planet thing is giving me a headache honestly. It feels like nothing is like it seems. It feels like the clairvoyants are watching us and pushing us into the direction they want us to go. Are they planning something? Everything?
A cold shiver runs down my spine.
Hongjoong takes the paper from me and musters it.
"Well it might just be written by some kid who is into fantasy stories. Maybe this person is part of the role players from the letter we found. The story sounds kind of similar."
"I don't know, maybe. But with what we have seen and heard at the clairvoyant's tree house, it could also be real.", I say.
"If it is real than the person was successful since the Nekra Kingdom is habitable now.", Yeosang comments.

We go back to the entrance of the cave and go further up the mountain.
It doesn't take long until we reach another cave. We have to crawl to enter it but it is a bit more spacious on the inside. The cave has only one room with a huge chest in it. Hopefully it isn't half empty again.
Wooyoung opens it but his smile fades as he looks inside.
"It's tools."
"Tools? That not too bad though."
Hongjoong rummages through the chest.
"Some of them are actually very valuable."
We take the tools and go back to the ship.

Eight days later we arrive at the next island. The small town and the rainforest behind it are overshadowed by three giant dockyards.
"Welcome to Sunbak Hanko. The hometown of our ship. This is where the first flying ship was found and most ships are built ever since. If you want you can visit the museum later. But first you should sell the tools that we found. We should get a good price for them here.", Hongjoong tells.
"Aren't you coming with us?"
"I'll visit an old friend of my family and get our ship inspected."
We walk into the town center and go into a shop for craftsman. Surprisingly we make almost 150 gold with the tools. I didn't know that tools could be so expensive. There was one tool in the store that costed 200 gold.