Chapter 42: Make It Right

Make It Right
MEZUL

I DECIDED TO breathe some fresh air in one of the towers outside of the palace even if I just got back. The aura of the Emperor Palace is suffocating and I wanted an escape. Hindi ko namalayan ang oras at nakatulog. It's about two am in the morning when I woke up and get back inside.

Dinala ako ng mga paa ko sa aking dorm and you won't believe me who I saw standing in front of my door... It was Ayen. Nakasandal ito sa aking pinto at halatang inaantok na mula sa kahihintay. Pero bakit siya nandito? And why did she insist on waiting for me until such time?

Nagkibit-balikat ako at naglakad patungo dito. Mahina ko siyang tinapik sa balikat upang magising. Nagbigla ito at akmang hahambalusin ako ngunit tumigil kalagitnaan ng mapagtanto na ko ang kaharap.

"Heee... Ikaw pala 'yan!" She automatically hide her arms shyly on her back and gave me an awkward smile.

Tinanguan ko ito saka binuksan ang aking pinto at pumasok sa loob. I left the door open as an invitation for her to come inside.

I'm surprised, she's still outside at this hour without getting caught. Ano nalang ang nangyari sa curfew ng mga estudyante?

"How are you? Seems like you wanted to say something important for you to stay outside at this hour." Sabi ko ng marinig ko itong isinara ang pinto.

She took a seat on my sofa and look around na para bang hindi pa siya nakapasok sa aking kwarto. She is surprisingly quiet and acting strange.

"So... are you not gonna tell me why are you here?" Pag-uudyok ko dito na magsalita. She was sleepy a while ago but know she looks clueless.

"Ahh...?" Her iris went on the corner of her eyes, thinking. "Sinadya talaga kita... hehe. Matagal kang nawala at... na-miss lang kita." Tumungo ito at ipinagdikit ang makabilang hintuturo. She's still shy. "You see, we haven't talked for more than a week and... not seeing you made me realize how cruel I am the last time we saw each other. I've been awfall to you..."

What?

"You? Cruel to me?" Hindi makapaniwalang sagot ko.

Nag-angat ito ng tingin at tumango-tango sa akin. Her curls are bouncing from nodding as if she's making me admit that she really did something bad to me.

"I did not think of you that way..."

Which is honestly true.

Looking back... something really did happen before I left to enter Hell. Pero hindi naman ako nagalit sa kanya that time.

I distanced myself to them so I could focus on my main goal. To protect them and bring the prince back.

I even forgot about what happened then because its been almost three years the last time I saw her. She's not aware of that though.

If any, I am actually thankul to her.

"You are hurt then and I cannot blame you for what you feel. You did the right thing. I only asked you to tell me the truth and you did. You are a true friend, Ayen." I said sincerely and went to her so I could reach her for a hug.

"No... I am so terribe... But thank you for being my friend still." Pumiyok ito pa ito habang yakap ako.

"You are not terrible so stop sobbing okay?" Humiwalay ako mula sa pagkakayakap sa kanya upang makita ang kanyang mukha. Her face is all red and her eyes are puffy. Sumisinok pa ito at napakamot nalang ako ng ulo.