Chapter 40: The Comeback

The Comeback
MEZUL

"MY BODY WAS split into two when I was 12 months old. The older version of me was named Del and I remained as the Ulrio you know today..."

The prince held my hand and intertwined our fingers. I am leaning to him as we are both sitting on the couch. Seryoso itong nakatingin sa aming makasalikop na mga kamay.

"I remained as a one year old boy with impressive amount of magueh and a talent for almost everything while Del looked a couple of years older than me. Our difference is I am more powerful than him while he, on the otherhand, has almost all of my emotions. The very reason why he always mocked me for my decisions all these years."

Okay...

That explains then why I always caught them arguing about something, huh?

But why?

What is the true reason why their bodies was split into two?

And why did he create an older version of himself?

"As you already know, my heart is still missing and is stored in a place that I am not allowed to know. I really did not give a damn about it before. I thought, I can live fine on my own. I have everything I needed. Even when incomplete, I am powerful and strong. I am the crown prince and... I have Arliah." This time, prinsipe Ul look at me. "Until you... Forget what I said to you before. You were never late, Mezul."

I looked into his eyes intently. "Ul..."

"It was my fault that I did not wait for you. I should've listen to Del when he told me then that my feelings for Arliah are not real. After all... he possessed almost all of my emotions. Fear, sadness, love... I really don't know them at all. Not until you trespassed the Emperor Palace for bouquet roses though." Tumawa ito at biglang muling nagseryoso. "Seeing you there, looking helpless inside that dark cell... made me doubt my choices in the past..."

Sinakop ng kanyang palad ang aking pisngi na may bahid ng peklat. He uses his thumb to caress my imperfection, looking weak in the eyes.

"The first thought that crossed into my mind when I saw you then was this scar." He leaned his face closer ang planted a soft kiss on it na para bang hindi iyon peklat at sugat pa rin ang nakikita dito. "I thought, "What have I been doing for the passed 19 years for her to get that scar?". After that, I blamed myself multiple times since I was not there to protect you from getting this---"

"You shouldn't blame yourself for my past that you are never part of---"

"Right," Natawa uli ito. "It was weird. Why would I even care about the past of an intruder in the first place? I wondered. And then a realization came into my mind..." This time, the prince started playing with my hair. "This girl is my mate---there's no mistaking it," I then thought. So, I introduced you to everybody, Del met you and from there, he started to bug me twice harder to look for our heart. He cannot stand seeing his face, or himself rather which is also me, pretending to have feelings for Arliah when clearly, I am not capable of harboring feelings yet because he has them."

Wala sa sarili na napangisi ako.

I am worried. But I cannot help it.

Hindi ko naisip na noong sinabi niya sa sasabihin niya sa akin ang lahat ay literal na ikukwento niya lahat.

"It made me jealous, y'know?" He whispered, shy on admitting it.

"Jealous of what?" Patay malisya na tanong ko.

"Jealous of seeing you two together and him capable of expressing his true self with you. He told me that he has feelings for you. Even if he cannot feel the bond."