Chapter 31: Fallen

Fallen
MEZUL

I AM IN a difficult situation.

I'm learning to let go. Small progress but I know, if I continue and completely ignore him, there will be a time that I will forget everything. Unti-unti ko nang natatangap... Prinsipe Ul's feelings are not just for me. It's just the bond that's making us feel this way.

I am not hurting anymore. For the last two months that had passed... I tried my very best not to give a fight. I embraced my destiny of being alone.

And then...

And then all of a sudden... We have to force ourselves to perform rituals even if we are not together. Exchanging blood...? I don't think I can do it. No---scratch that. I won't do it. They separated us, they should pay the price for me to not follow the bond.

I have no idea why these people have to play our feelings... I may be a lowly person, a lowly Crimson... but they have no right to do this to me.

But okay... If Marissa is fine with me staying here, then fine. I just hope that they will not expect anything between me and Ul's relationship.

So, when the night of the fire festival has finally come... I gathered all my courage and prepared myself for what was coming. Every ticked off the clock is making me crazy. Anxiety is eating me up.

I was dressed to my desired gown given by him. I look pretty. But I guess, not pretty enough compared with other women out there. After all, this scar on my face ruined my outfit.

You may think that this scar on my face is no big deal. But for a Crimson like me, it is. It's our identity after all. Crimsons are known to be perfectly beautiful. Perfect in the physical aspect. And obviously, I'm no way near perfect.

To think that I'm even the Prince's mate... I couldn't just imagine.

I sighed...

The grandfather's clock started to ring. An indication that the festival is about to start.

Bahagya akong nagulat sa tunog at kumabog ang dibdib. I stood up, grabbed my purse and started making my way in the event—the Great Hall.

Everywhere I look, I see red. It was like the place was soaked in blood. It doesn't look awful though but I guess I'm feeling uneasy by seeing it because of the fact that I have to endure this crowd with a face like this. Like for how long? Hours?!

I have grown immune to every side comments I hear whenever I walk past the students. But today is different. The teachers perfectly understand and they're pretty much aware of my situation with the prince... But, they can never stop these people commenting on my appearance. Magara man nila akong ayusan, wala pa ring magbabago.

Kung ganitong ordinaryong estudyante lang akong maituturing ngayon... Paano nalang kaya kapag lumabas ang katotohanan na ako ang babaeng nakatadhana para sa prinsipe nila?

I'm sure, hell will break loose... for real. Isa rin ba iyon sa mga dahilan kung bakit ako tinanggihan?

Ha!

Luna... Why are you doing this to me?

I made my way to the crowd after debating with myself.

There's calm music playing in the air. Couples are dancing on the dance floor. Some are mingling with their friends, chatting. Some are already seated on their designated tables and eating their meals. All dressed with their best while I, on the other hand looks like a small puppy in a pack of wolves.

The aura is really suffocating that I can barely walk. No matter what their business is, once I walk past them, I always get their attention. Even if there's music playing in the air, no matter how classy it sounds... The murmurs of judgement from other people is what I see.