Chapter 24: Successors

SUCCESSORS
MEZUL

"YOU ARE FINE. I'm relieved." The voice of Sir Del, the Head master rang in my ears after I woke up. I was greeted by the familiar ambiance and air of the infirmary. Not surprising.

Sandali kong pinag-aralan ang sarili ko at hinimas-himas ang buhok. My head is aching but I can tolerate it. Ilang segundo pa akong natulala as memories of what happened last time flooded in my head.

Nang maalala ko ang lahat ay saka ko lang pinagtuunan ng pansin ang headmaster na nasa aking tabi. Sa aking kaliwa kung saan siya'y naka-ngiti at nakatayo.

When I look up on him, my confusion faded instantly. My brows met as I ran my eyes on him head to foot. When he saw my confused look, he chuckled.

"Glad you like the sight of me---"

"Nah," I interrupted. Muli itong natawa in very sexy manner. He looked so manly as he laugh with his casual attire. Yes, casual attire means casual clothes. This man's beauty is always surprising.

Wait. Anong oras na ba?

I look around to find a clock. It's quarter to eleven. Mukhang gabi na kaya ordinaryong kasuotan nalang ang suot ng headmaster---and oh! I forgot that he's also a prince. Bakit ngayon ko lang na-realized iyon?

"Uhm, bakit nandito ka? It's already late, y'know?" Sinubukan kong i-angat ang likod ko para maka-upo. Sir Del guided me and I gave him a silent nod.

"Unfortunately, I have to tell you something urgently kaya kanina pa ako pabalik-balik dito sa infirmary. I would like to say this tomorrow instead but I'm afraid, I can't. School other matters..." umiling-iling siya na parang dismayado.

"It's okay po. Ano bang sasabihin niyo?"

Itinuro niya ang isang sulok kung saan naka-sandal ang isang pamilyar na vessel. It was the one who made me fall from the armory room that made me end here again.

"It's a little too late for this and I'm truthfully sorry, Mezul. That vessels was really made for you. For a female hell-keeper that's forged and made by the one and only goddess of the moon, Luna." He smiled genuinely. "The vessel's name is Audria. You are her third owner in the history and what happened earlier is a reaction that only a real hell-keeper can feel."

"Reaction my ass..." sarkastikong bulong ko. Sir Del let it passed, maybe he didn't heard it so he continued.

"Audria can be wield by a she-hell keeper---obviously. But the reaction happened to you seems a bit... odd."

Odd?

"She took all of your energy and you fell. You still get her out of the box, injured, yes but that's okay." Pinasadahan niya ng tingin ang sandata. "But the weapon should give you power instead. Not the other way around so that's odd."

"So... you are implying that...?"

"You two are not compatible," kumunot ang noo ko at naguluhan. Did I hear it right? A-Anong---"...yet. But you can use Audria as your weapon and metal vessel with proper trainings and all, but you can't use her to restrain the magueh inside of you."

He 'tsked'. Nakahinga naman ako ng maluwag.

"That means, we have to wield another weapon for you. However, it will not be a metal vessel again. Masyado namang mabigat iyon para sa iyo and even as powerful as a hell-keeper like you can't wield a another vessel. I'm sorry if I didn't warned you about this vessel-thingy in advance. If only I did, you'll not end up here."