Birthday present

Hi! Not much to say, just take into account it's already late august in this timeline. Also, this may or may not be a emotional content warning ;)
Enjoy your reading <3

Luz's not so harmless confession had caused almost the entire group of kids to absolutly lose it. The panic in each one of them was subsequentaly worse; the worst one was Hunter, he  almost had a panic attack ranting about all the names he had called him, how he had almost thrown him into the boiling sea, and mostly saying "Oh Titan, oh no, oh no, I'm dead, I'm so dead, I'm doomed" Willow was trying to calm him down when she remembered the time she almost peeled him and felt tempted to go down with Hunter's panic; but everybody knew that they had had the chance to make peace with him in some way, even though Amity had officially apologized to him before, she was slowly descending into the same madness as Hunter.

It took  Luz almost an entire hour to calm them down, she even got Vee to stop laughing and make them tea, at one point she thought Eda's sleep spell would have been really helpful; she knew King, he had changed a lot since they met all those months before, he had grown out of the vengeful tirant dream phase, he was kind and smart, she knew he won't hold grudges to any of them, but she had to admit to herself , it was a little funny seeing everyone react to the news, just as with Lilith and Eda... she missed them a lot.

The rest of the days of that week melted into brainstorms for the portal, decorating the interior of the old cabin, replacing the burnt door, dying because of high temperatures, trying different ice cream flavours and popsicles, Luz teaching everyone else the glyphs (just in case they need them when they get back); one night, while they were playing uno (almost resulting in another fight) Vee caught a glimpse of greenish lights in the garden, "LUZ! FIREFLIES!"

-"OH MY GOD, LET'S GET JARS" and she jumped out of the couch into the kitchen, leaving his witch friends completly confused and worried the house was going to collapse into a fire, but it didn't happen, instead, the sisters looked excited collecting six jars of glass, "come on guys, you'll love this". They followed the girls to the backyard, their staff ready in case they needed to use it, "guys, fireflies don't catch fire, they're just called that because they shine, it's really fun to get some in a jar and see them shine, we'll set them free later, I promise it's okay." Luz said while handing each of them a jar.

The first one to actually relax and try to catch the fireflies, to everyone's surprise, was Hunter; he looked like a child discovering fun for the first time, and sadly, in some way he was, but that didn't stop anyone to join the fun, it took Gus a lot more time to relax, he couldn't get his hands near a firefly without panicking, Willow had to give him one that was full with them so he could actually appreciate them, even then, he was terrified that the little shiny bugs would set themselves on fire at any moment, on the other hand, Hunter and Amity were amused and they all had to admit, it was beautiful and fun. Willow felt the need to capture the moment with a photo.

 Willow felt the need to capture the moment with a photo