Chapter 3, Sarah

One month til Luca.

"Jackson you can move here just because Brian and i broke up." My brother ended up extending his stay by two months, and after arguing with his wife, they agreed to separate. Apparently they havent been on good terms for some time now. It's a shame because, i really liked Michelle.

"I have been wanting to move back for a while now, most of my clients are in the city and flying back and forth is becoming too expensive. And i cant stand Chicago any longer." My brother is a lawyer, a very successful one at that. He could live anywhere he wanted in the country, but since im the only other person he seems to give a shit about besides my nieces, he decided to move back. Which im grateful for because my mom and i have been at each others throats since i showed up 2 months ago.

"Yeah well, what will Michelle think? She probably will say something about you choosing me over her. I dont want to be put in the middle."

"Don't be ridiculous Marie. You're 25 years old, but you're still my little sister and i will do whatever it takes to help take care of you."

"Yeah well you've been looking for houses in Rochester for weeks now and nothing seems to be 'your liking'. Why not just live in the city? I mean i have to go back soon anyway, my school and my job..my friends," i trailed off. Because despite all of those things, they werent the only things that were waiting for me in the city. Brian has up his harassment from 20 calls a day to at least 50 plus calls. Jackson offered to get me a new phone but, the tedious task of having to let everyone know i got a knew number is the most annoying thing to me. We pulled up in front of a 5 bedroom house just on the outskirts of the city and it was gorgeous. It's a quiet neighborhood, no one seems to be bothered by eachother. Just to Jacksons expectations.

We walk up to the front door and the house broker is greeting us with smiles. "Welcome! I assume you are Mr. Scalleta?" She reaches out her hand to my brother and firmly shakes it.

"Yes i am, but please call me Jackson." He replied firmly. She was taken back by his response, but turns her gaze to me, "and you must be Mrs. Scalleta." She smiles.

Jackson snorted, and i punched his arm earning a confused look on this ladies face. "I am miss Scalleta, but you can call me Sarah. I am his sister." Her face turns a bright red with her growing embarrassment. Before she could embarrass herself further she opens the front door and guides us through the foyer. The house is gorgeous on the inside as well as the outside.

"This home has 5 and a half bedrooms, and 4 bathrooms. Down through here is the family room, good for entertaining guests. It leads into a very open dining area that connects to your equally open kitchen. The back yard is just through these French doors behind me that leads you to an acre of land and a full size pull with jacuzzi. A pool house for other wise known as pool parties. While up stairs has two full size master bedrooms and 3 bedrooms. There is a small loft between the bedrooms on each side of the house and the previous owner turned it into his reading room."

"Reading room?" I interrupted. She turned to me before heading up stairs. "Ah yes, he was a very quiet man, looked like he was all about Buisness, but he insisted on the smaller loft to be a place he wasnt to be disturbed." She gave us a tight smile before swaying her hips up the stairs. My bother and i looked to each other and laughed softly at the way she was making it apparent she was interested in my brother. Jackson wasnt a bad looking man, his sandy brown hair and ocean blue eyes are his focal point for woman to fawn over him. Me on the other hand took after both my parents. I have my mom's long brown hair and but my eyes were fairly bright green. Hazel on the days im upset just like our father. Jackson and i would always joke around saying i must have been adopted because we looked nothing alike. And sometimes it felt like i was, because i was nothing like my parents, not one bit.