At exactly 3:00, I heard Drake call my name.
"Nicki! I'm ready!"
I barreled down the stairs to find him waiting for me by the staircase. He looked... nice. Mmm, that shirt fit him a lot better than I thought it would.
"Awe, Drake, you look so much better already!" I exclaimed as I wrappped my arms around him and gave him a tight squeeze. "Bet you feel a little better, too."
He nodded. "Yeah, I guess," he said with a small smile. "Where are we going, anyways?"
I giggled as I grabbed my car keys. "I don't know. I guess we'll figure it out on the way." I threw my purse over my shoulder, and waved to him to follow me. "Let's go, Drake!"
I opened the door for him, and followed him out of it. I locked it behind me. We both climbed into my car, and we were gone.

. . .

It was 7:50 pm, and Drake and I were still out on the town. First we had gone and got something to eat at Wing Stop. Then, we decided we wanted to go see a movie. We both decided to go see Trainwreck, and Drake and I both loved it. After that, we went to the mall and just walked around for about an hour or so. Then we got hungry and decided to go get something to eat again before we headed home. We eventually settled on going to IHOP.
We parked, walked into the restaurant, and requested a table for two. The waiter nodded and led us to a table at the back of the restaurant, and told us that our waiter would be with us shortly.
"So," I said, "Did you have fun today?"
Drake smiled. "Yes, Nicki, I had fun today. Actually, I had a blast. Thanks for talking me into getting out of the house, I really needed it. I actually feel a lot better about the whole Niyah thing."
I smiled. "Awe, Drake. That's awesome. I'm really happy for you."
"Yeah," he said, grabbing my hands from across the table. "It was really just like -- "
He was interrupted by our waiter -- whose nametag read Adriana -- approaching us. She asked us what we wanted to drink. I ordered a Coke, and Drake ordered a Sprite. She wrote down our orders in our notebook (which was stupid, there wasn't much to remember) and left to get them for us.
I turned my attention back to Drake.
"You were saying?"
"Oh," he said, trying to remember where he was,"I guess it's just like... Ok. I think I knew deep down that just sitting around and moping wasn't going to do anything but hurt me, but I still did it. No matter what, I couldn't get my ass off that damn couch! If I'm being completely honest, I probably would still be on that couch if you didn't force me to get out and about," he admitted sheepishly. He grabbed my hands again. "So, thanks for your... persistence. I know I'm pretty stubborn when I'm sad and shit."
I smiled back. "Well, what kind of friend would I be if I just let you do nothing all day for the rest of your life? It's kind of my job to motivate you and be there for you when you're depressed."
His smile slowly faded into a frown. I could tell he was thinking back to when I was depressed, and how he wasn't there for me. He opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off (yet again) by Adriana bringing our drinks.
"Ok, so I have a Coke and a Sprite," she said, sliding our drinks in front of us. "Are you two ready to order?"
Drake and I requested a couple more minutes to look over the menu, and Adriana nodded and told us to "take our time" before running off again. Hopefully she'll wait for Drake to finish talking before she comes back.

. . .

We got home around 9:00, and we weren't tired at all. You'd think we would be, considering we had been out and about all day, but we just... weren't. Instead of going to bed, Drake and I decided to cuddle up on the couch and watch some movies.
During our forth movie, which was Ride Along, I noticed that Drake had snaked one of his arms around me, and with the other one, he held my hand. I couldn't help but smile to myself.
Drake looked at me. "What?"
I looked at him, sort of embarrassed that he'd caught me.
"Nothing."
"What is it?" he persisted.
"Nothing," I said again.
"Nicki," he prodded. "What is it?"
"Nothing," I said, finally deciding to spill, "it's just I really enjoy watching movies like this with you."
He smiled his little smile that made me melt every damn time he decided to flash it.
"Really?"
I stifled a giggle. "Yeah."
We locked eyes, and it was as if time itself stopped. It was like I had gotten lost in the chocolatey abyss that he called his eyes. It was like I was staring straight into his soul.
I caught myself leaning in towards him. I guess I wasn't really aware of what I was doing. I was still captivated by his big brown eyes. Shit beautiful.
Before I knew it, I found my lips on Drake's. I felt my fingers run through his hair, and I felt his arms wrap around me. It had all happened so fast, and when I had finally come to realize what was going on, I pulled away, my eyes wide.
"Shit," I said to myself. "I'm sorry Drake, I just got carried away, I -- "
"Nicki," Drake said, voice soft. "It's ok..."
I bit my bottem lip and shook my head. "No," I said, "It's not... I ... I think I'm gonna go to bed..."
I lifted myself off the couch and scurried to my room as fast as I could. All that was running through my head was Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.

~

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter took so long. I wanted to make it extra long this time around, to make up for how long it took to get out.
I don't know how I feel about it though. The first part is good, but I just feel like the second part is messy and runs together.
At least 5 comments?

xx Kylie