Chapter 19

Lenry arrived at the shop. But what surprised him was that he saw Bendy and two toon cups outside his shop. 

Bendy sees him and waves.

Bendy: "Howdy doll face."

Lenry: "Hello Mr. Bendy. Um... who are they?"

Bendy: "Doll face, these are your two bodyguards that are gonna protect your shop from today onwards."

Lenry: "Wait what?"

-Hours ago at Bendy's lair-

Bendy and Ben were interrogating with the cup brothers.

Bendy: "Now boys. Your task is simple, your gonna protect a toon called Lenry."

Mugman: "Lenry? Lenry, Lenry.... Ah! You mean that toon who owns the Lenry shop!?"

Ben: "Correct Mugman."

Cuphead: "Now hold on! Why are you making us become that toon's bodyguard!?"

Ben: "Because he is my dear brother's lover."

Bendy: "Hey!"

Cuphead: "Oh hell no! Why should we bodyguard your boyfriend!? We're assassins not babysitters!"

Bendy growls and looks at them with his hot red glowing eyes.

Bendy: "Now listen here you brat....! You want to get paid then do what your told...! Otherwise you can forget about the business we're dealing....!!"

Cuphead growls back. For him it was like he was dealing with the devil all over again.

Cuphead: "Grr...!"

Then Mugman spoke up.

Mugman: "I don't get it? I mean why would Mr. Moon find interest in that toon? I mean he seems to be a normal toon with no backstabbing or doing dirty dealings..."

Ben: "Don't know why Mr. Moon is having fancy interest with Lenry. But we don't want that innocent toon to suffer what this guy does."

Cuphead: ".... Alright. Is there something we should know about this guy in case if he has trust issues."

-Back to present-

Bendy: "Don't worry doll face they aren't dangerous. Since I heard a rumor."

Lenry: "What rumor?"

Bendy: "Apparently, Mr. Moon is forcing toons to come to chess town for dealings even if they don't want to. And if they refused then they are beaten to death."

That part shivered Lenry. Bendy comforts him.

Bendy: "Ssh, it's alright doll face. These two are strong so they won't leave, that is a promise."

Lenry: ".... Okay."

Bendy: "Great then! I'll be going now, oh and doll face. Tomorrow I'm going to the Moon Bar, and I want you to come."

Lenry: "Sorry Mr. Bendy, I don't do drinking...."

Bendy: "You don't need to drink there, just have a chat with my friends."

Lenry nervously gulped but nods.

Bendy: "See ya toots."

And when Bendy drove off. Cuphead spoke up.

Cuphead: "So how did a toon like you end up in this place?"

Lenry: "Hehe.... For money I guess. I wanted to repay my village for their kindness. What about you guys?"

Cuphead: "Same, money."

Mugman: "Well, we're doing a freelance job. When Mr. Bendy offered to hire us with cash and ink..."