39 | Two Great Loves

Harry quickly sent Kreacher off to find the Horcrux after discovering that it was stolen by Mundungus Fletcher.

While they waited for Kreacher, the trio agreed to go back upstairs and see if they would be able to find any clues regarding the sibling's Horcrux hunt before their death. But as they searched the room, they kept coming up empty-handed.

"Can you blame them?" Hermione retorted after Ron whined about them not leaving any notes or books on the mission.

"They were raised in a house of death eaters; it would be careless to leave anything around that could hint at what they were planning on doing." She argued as she began to look at the few photo frames scattered around the room. "

"Imagine," Ron sighed. "I got just tired from hiding my stuff from the twins through my childhood, thinking they were going to turn my pillows into spiders in the middle of my sleep. Imagine living in this house, with nowhere to escape. They would have been killed if anyone found out about them switching sides."

Harry agreed, looking at the pictures and picking up the frame of one that caught his eye.

It was a moving photo of Sirius, Astrid, and Regulus in front of a wooden cabin, probably something before their years at Hogwarts. Harry's eyes narrow. He knew that cabin, where did he-

And then it clicked.

Harry looked up. "I think I know somewhere we can look."

He explained to them the cabin where his father and Astrid had spent their time during their time after Hogwarts, the same one in the picture.

"It was there that my dad last saw Astrid before she died. Regulus also had picked her up there from the ball, I am willing to bet that its where they planned everything on how to get to the cave and retrieve the Horcrux."

"Alright," Ron exclaimed, crossing his arms. "Now we are getting somewhere with those bloody diaries other than gossip about your dad snogging a Slytherin."

"But where could that be?" Hermione pestered, rolling her eyes as she tried to ignore Ron's comment. "Who knows how many cabins could be in the area, and if it is even still standing. It could even have been raided by death eaters during the first war.

While the trio debated on their next steps and how to find the cabin, Ron tossed in an idea.

"Why don't we check Astrid's room" Ron questioned.

The trio had avoided Astrid's room thus far, whether it was accidental or intentional to not push Harry over the edge, they never said. But with one glance at the photo, they decided to give it a shot to see if they could find anything else that may be able to help.

Hermione led them to Astrid's room, which she had passed by during her search while Ron followed closely behind, with Harry lagging towards the back, not excited to have to enter the one room he had been avoiding.

As Hermione pushed open the door, the trio held their breaths and waited to see if anything would happen, but nothing did. The door screeched open and showed a plain, stereotypical room just like the rest of the house. The only difference from Regulus's was the vanity, and more decorations alluring to a more feminine, regal room.

They began to look around, Hermione looking through her drawers and Ron looking around the Vanity, while Harry tried to take in everything around him before he started to help search.

They were coming up empty-handed once again, with no hidden documents or letters alluding to any secret missions Astrid could have been involved with.

Harry analyzed the room, trying to see the type of person his father fell in love with. Someone who seemed kind, strong, and loyal in her memories. But Harry couldn't find any remnant of this person anywhere in the room.