9 | Entry 4 - Meeting Romeo

Harry found himself confused after watching Astrid and Sirius's fight in the hallway. He wondered why the memory had been blurred out. That was until Harry recalled what Sirius had told him in the letter.

"She designed this journal to only open to those that she charmed it to. Depending on who you are, the book will reveal only what she allowed it to."

Harry assumed that since the journal thought he was James Potter, some memories were too personal to share. While that was true for some memories, others were kept hidden for different reasons.

The diary was like an addiction, something Harry needed to read. He had been in the Room of Requirement for several hours yet still wanted to read more. His body moved faster than his mind, as Harry soon realized that he was already moving onto the next page and was reading a third entry for the night.

-

November 12, 1973.

Dear diary,

Time is flying by faster than I expected. I'm already in my 3rd year and Regulus has entered his 2nd year. As much as I've enjoyed these past two years, I hope that my 7th year comes quicker.

As much as I love Hogwarts and my friends, I need to escape everything that's been going on in the world. Sirius has made it his mission to be a menace at home. He truly has embodied what it takes to be the family disgrace. Whether it is sneaking out of the house or putting up inappropriate posters of women around his room, Sirius has tried everything to make our parents mad.

Sirius may act as if he hates Regulus and me, but I appreciate him wanting to protect Regulus from time to time. Sirius and I try to take the blame for Regulus's careless mistakes. Last week, he took the blame for Regulus dropping some glass plates from the cupboard. Yet, he still hasn't spoken to me since our fight during 2nd year.

I bumped into James and Sirius today. Sirius didn't even think to bat an eye while he rushed past me. He has grown into a habit of acting like I didn't exist.

Sirius has been attached at the hip to James Potter, his new brother I suppose. Whenever he is around James, Sirius becomes a stranger. He is no longer the boy that grew up in our home. He is no longer the boy who vowed to always be by my side. He is no longer Sirius Black.

A.B.

-

Harry followed Astrid as she walked alongside Ember and Kai that early morning, ranting about muggle studies.

"I'm just confused about it all. How on earth do they make all of these contraptions but not use magic?" questioned Kai during a heated debate about whether Muggles actually have hidden magic. Kai and Ember's bickering reminded Harry about his best friends, Ron and Hermione.

Ember rolled her eyes at Kai and started to laugh at his confusion. "And you call yourself a half-blood. It's called science, you dimwit. You would know that if you bothered listening to Professor Tremblay."

While following the group, Harry concluded that the trio must have been close to each other. So far, they have been together in every memory he has seen of Astrid in Hogwarts.

As Harry continued to walk alongside the group, Harry noticed the Marauders walking towards them from the other side of the hallway.

While Ember and Kai debated over Muggle Studies, Harry watched as Astrid kept her head stuck in a book as she unknowingly walked straight into James Potter, who was conversing with Sirius.

As the two bumped into each other, Astrid's and James's books shattered all over the floor. Harry watched as they both bent down to help each other retrieve their belongings.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was distracted and didn't look where I was going." Astrid apologized as she gathered the stranger's belongings.

Astrid looked up as the boy replied. "Don't worry about it, I didn't notice either," replied James Potter as he gathered his stuff and reached for the book she dropped.

Harry assumed that this was the first time James and Astrid met, hence why it was included in the diary for him to see.

"Romeo and Juliet," said James as he read the book cover. "Such an odd choice of muggle reading."

"Uh, yeah. Um, it's a book for muggle studies." Astrid stood up and composed herself. She brushed off the fact of her reading a muggle book as if it was nothing.

In reality, it was a strange sight to see a daughter of pureblood supremacists holding a book her parents would likely punish her for reading. But then again, it was just for her class.

Harry looked up at Sirius and noticed his awkward stance next to James.

"I'm sorry about bumping into you, Potter" apologized Astrid.

James looked at her. "Uh yeah. No worries." James stood up from the floor and looked at Astrid. It was noticeable that James didn't know Astrid's name.

"I'm Astrid, Astrid Black."

As she told James her name, Sirius rushed past the two. Harry could tell that Sirius was felt uncomfortable with his best friend meeting his sister.

James's eyes flickered back and forth between Astrid and Sirius before making the connection. "Ohh. Well, it was nice to meet you, Astrid."

Harry watched as the Marauders followed after Sirius. Before leaving, James looked back at Astrid and offered a small smile.

Astrid looked at the group one last time before walking off with Ember and Kai as she continued to read her book.