18 | Entry 10 - Holiday Plans

The day had been a stressful one for Harry. During the Quidditch match, Harry couldn't help but keep thinking back to the memory of his father playing Quidditch back in 1976. He even found himself glancing over at the Slytherin stands, where Astrid and Regulus had sat in the memory.

After a big win against Slytherin, the Gryffindor common was bursting with joy. Harry had been enjoying himself alongside Hermione, after admitting to her that he did not actually put the Liquid Luck into Ron's cup. He only made it seem like he did to help give Ron a boost of confidence.

The joy was ripped away shortly after once Lavender had pulled Ron in for a kiss in the middle of the common room. Noticing how Hermione had left quickly after seeing it, Harry turned around and left the common room to find his best friend.

Hearing Hermione sitting alone at the bottom of the staircase, Harry walked down and stood next to his best friend as she cried, surrounded by birds floating around her.

"Charm spell," said Hermione with tearful eyes, "I was practicing."

"They're really good," said Harry in an attempt to cheer up the girl, before sitting alongside her at the bottom of the stairs.

"How does it feel Harry?" asked Hermione as she looked at him. "When you see Dean with Ginny."

"Well..." Harry was at a loss for words. He could admit that he was starting to have some feelings towards the younger Weasley but didn't think that it was noticeable enough for his friends to notice.

"I know," admitted Hermione. "I see the way you look at her. You're my best friend."

As Hermione continued to cry, Ron and Lavender stumbled into the hallway. Once Lavender noticed the pair sitting on the floor, she excused herself and walked away. Ron had stayed behind and looked at Hermione and Harry.

"What's with the birds?" asked Ron.

Hermione in the heat of the moment stood up before setting off a spell for the birds to chase after Ron."Oppungo"

After the birds chased Ron away, Ron looked at Hermione one last time before leaving to follow Lavender.

Once Ron left and Hermione sat back down, Harry wrapped his arms around Hermione's shoulders and comforted her.

"It feels like this," admitted Harry, holding his crying best friend who felt like she was falling apart.

When Hermione's tears dried up and she began to feel tired, Harry walked Hermione up to the Gryffindor common room, where everyone had already left and gone up to their dorms.

"Night Harry," said Hermione as she wiped the remaining tears on her cheeks and hugged her best friend.

"Night Hermione," replied Harry as he watched Hermione walk up the stairs and into her dorm. Once she had gotten to her room, Harry went up to his dorm to retrieve his invisibility cloak and Astrid's journal. He was not in the mood to have to wake up next to Ron, especially after what possibly went down between him and Lavender.

After grabbing the cloak and journal, Harry snuck out of the dorm, making sure not to wake up any of the boys before he headed to the Room of Requirement to read, yet again, another memory.

-

December 16, 1976

Dear Diary,

I am dreading having to go home for the break. Kai and Ember were planning on staying at Hogwarts and spending the holidays together. I know I would be having a lot more fun with them and Regulus than having to go home to attend yet another Christmas ball hosted by one of my father's friends.