25 | Entry 15 - Last Study Session

Later that night, Harry found himself laying down in the spare bed that Molly set aside for him, unable to go to sleep. As Remus and Tonks were heading out for the night, the Burrow had been surrounded by Death Eaters. All Harry could think of was the feeling of hatred that consumed his body as he ran after Bellatrix. Her taunts continued to play in his head.

"I killed Sirius Black!

I killed Sirius Black!

I killed-"

Harry shook his head, trying to rid himself of the torturing thoughts of his godfather's death. He looked to Ron's side of the room, making sure the ginger boy was sleeping before grabbing the diary that hid under his cloak.

If he couldn't go to sleep, he might as well find another way to occupy himself.

-

May 4, 1977

Dear Diary,

1 month, 4 days, 3 hours, and 12 minutes. That is how long I have until I will once again be forced to face reality. These last few months have been bewildering. Possibly one of the best times I have had in such a long time.

James has made it his mission to have us visit Poppy in the Kitchens during study sessions, as well as drag me to Hogsmeade whenever he got the chance. It is a miracle how we have not been caught sneaking out after hours, but I guess that's the advantage of having an invisibility cloak.

I haven't told anyone of my newfound friendship with the Potter boy. Kai and Ember have had their suspicions, but they have been also secretive about their flourishing friendship between themselves. Not that I mind, I am happy for them. They have been avoiding their feelings for so long, it is finally time for them to find their happiness.

I haven't talked to Regulus either about my friendship with James since the Quidditch match. Even though he has continued to shoot me wary glances during lunchtime, Regulus has trusted my word. He knows that I would not abandon him.

Now that exams are next week and today will be our last study session, I don't know what this holds for our newfound friendship. Despite it all, I have grown to enjoy his company. But as the world outside of Hogwarts continues to fall apart, I fear that our friendship will soon meet its end.

A.B

-

At first, Harry was confused. At first, the memory showed Astrid alone in the Room of Requirement flipping through the pages of a book with his father nowhere in sight. After what felt like forever, the Gryffindor finally made an appearance.

Looking up, Astrid looked at his arms amused before scoffing at the boy, who was carrying an enormous bag that was filled to the brim with treats.

"Really James? You came 20 minutes late to our last study to grab some snacks from the Kitchen?"

"Hey! Look it wasn't entirely my fault. I was planning on just grabbing a few snacks before coming over here,  but Poppy insisted on giving us more treats to have while studying. It is her way of spoiling us before our exam, not that I mind." James smiled as he jumped down beside Astrid while eating a Pumpkin Pastie.

Astrid couldn't help but rolled her eyes at the boys. "Well, while you are stuffing your face in Pumpkin Pasties, what do you think we should do to review for the exam next week? We have pretty much already gotten over everything."

James pondered for a minute before his eyes light up. The look in his eyes told Astrid that she was not going to like the idea.

"No, we are not going to Hogsmeade again James. We have been going for the past few weeks already. It is a miracle we haven't been caught." Astrid said sternly, trying to hide her amusement, but James could see clearly through her facade.