23 | Entry 14 - Kitchen Adventures

March 16, 1977

Dear Diary,

It seems that the word of war has now started to penetrate the walls of our school. Every morning, more students are reading the Daily Prophet and finding out that more mudbloods muggleborns, and muggles are being killed. More students are beginning to distrust each other, as you can never really know which side of the war someone is on.

There has been whispered going around the Slytherin common room during the weeks. I suspect that past members from our house are reaching out to the students, aiming to "recruit" new loyal members into their cult. But I am not sure if "recruit" is the right word for threatening someone to join, but I guess that is merely a technicality in a time of war.

Potter has sensed the aura of tension that seemed to follow me since Winter Break. He as having none of it and decided that the only thing we can do right now is let loose. Who knows how much time we have left to just be kids?

While his idea of sneaking to the Kitchens could have ended up with us both in detention, I won't deny it, I don't regret it. I know it's wrong, but I can't help but enjoy spending time with him. He is like my own secret escape from the world.

It is kind of poetic yet tragic, isn't it? Knowing that one day we may see each other on opposite sides of the battlefield.

A.B.

-

Harry walked down the Hogwarts corridor following the sound of footsteps of his father footsteps, who was currently dragging Astrid while hiding themselves beneath the Invisibility cloak.

"I swear to god, James Fleamont Potter, if you do not let go of my arm, I will hex it off."

While Harry couldn't necessarily see James's face, he can definitely hear him smirking as he spoke. "Ah sure, Astrid," said James smugly as he dragged the girl down the hallway. "We both know that you wouldn't risk the chance of hurting your study partner, especially when we have exams 2 months away."

The Slytherins and Gryffindor's friendship had inevitably bloomed after the heart-felt moment they shared in the Room of Requirement after Astrid's breakdown. Astrid felt more comfortable around James, acting more openly with him, similar to how she acted with Ember and Kai.

James too felt closer with the girl and started to tease her endlessly during their study sessions, almost as if the pair had been friends for a lifetime.

"Yet you are proving my point," Astrid continued. "We have our Defense Against the Dark Arts exam in exactly 2 months, we should continue studying. If we don't pass, they might take us out of Newt Level DADA for next year."

Once the pair finally came to a stop in front of the painting James was looking for, he took off the Invisibility Cloak, finally allowing Harry to see the pair for the first time.

"We both know that we will probably ace the DADA exam," James stated while rolling his eyes. "Besides we have 2 months left and we have almost learned all the material. So don't get your wand in a knot, there is nothing to worry about."

"I swear Potter if you roll your eyes again at me, I'll make sure they stay like that," Astrid threatened while waving her wand in front of the boy's face.

James smirked, almost trying to tempt the girl, "I would like to see you try."

Before Astrid could point the wand at the boy to hex him, James had quickly ticked the pear on the painting next to them, before rushing into the door that appeared behind the portrait.

Astrid was left speechless as she looked at where the boy once stood, before turning to face to look at the portrait which appeared to be a door. She hesitantly looked around before looking back at the painting and walking into the same room that the Gryffindor had dashed into.