|Mulaqat|- Shot 3

“Pakhi, mummy won’t like this!” Kinjal complained as she looked at the piece of clothing pakhi was holding out.

Pakhi grinned as she folded it back. “Uski chinta aap mat kijiye!” And saying that Pakhi rushed out.

“God, iss ladki ko ab kya nayi aafat sujhi hai!” Kinjal shook her head as she went towards the bathroom.

It was Durga puja today. A very beautiful pandal was set up in the colony and everyone was participating, and so were the shahs.

“Mummy, there you go!” Sweety stormed inside the room as Anupama was adjusting her saree.

“Ye kya hai?” Anupama asked, as she took the bag and pulled out a very pretty off white saree with minimal red embroidery.

“Durga puja pandal main dalne ke liye dress”, Sweety chimed in response.

Anupama shook her head in negative then, “Beta, main aise hi theek hoon”.

Neither was Durga pooja a festival they usually celebrated, nor was she in a mood for dressing up. The continuous hustle between home, school and the dance classes had her drained to the max. It was not too late now, but she really wanted to retire for the day.She had decided to simply pay her respects at the pandal and be done with it.

“No mummy! Please daal lo na!Please! Main itne pyaar se laai hu!” Pakhi pleaded, strangely desperate.

“Beta, I’m really tired and—

“Haa toh, zyada der mat rukna waha but please try this saree na!” Pakhi made a puppy face as Anupama finally gave in with a sigh.

Pakhi cheered as Anupama took the saree and went into the washroom.  As the door opened 5 minutes later, Pakhi found her smile widening  as her mummy looked absolutely angelic in the saree- red blouse, white overall and a red patterned fall. Perfect!

“Sweety ye kya hai?!” Anupama complained as she turned her back towards the mirror. The blouse was all strings!

“Main help karti hu na mummy!”Sweety volunteered as she started to tie the strings.

“Hamari umra main ye sab acha nahi lagta!” Anupama replied as she looked at her back. Too exposed.

But before she could say or do anything, sweety pushed her to sit down and started arranging her hair into a bun.  Before long, sweety was done with her work and took a step back as she admired her mother.

“Wow mummy! Aaj toh vo flat ho jaenge!”

“Kaun?” Anupama asked as pakhi bit her tongue and clarified, “Aaj toh hum…late…late ho jaenge!”

Anu shook her head at her daughter and then looked herself in the mirror. She looked sharp and bold. Then her gaze flitted to her back, exposed all the way to her lower waist. Too bold!

Quickly she pulled the fall over to the other side of her waist and held it tightly. With the view of her back obscured, Anupama finally felt a little decent while Pakhi whined, “ Mummy!!”

“Bahot hua tera! Ab jaldi se taiyar ho jake!"

Pakhi made a face as she grumbled a fine and walked away. Anu only shook her head at her antiques.

Durga Pooja Pandal

While the Shah family entered the Pandal, Pakhi kept on looking around the space.

“Kise dhoondh rahi hai”, Samar asked as his sister jumped a little and poked out her tongue at him. “Kisiko nahi!”

.