|Pehli Nazar|- Shot 2

*Ring* *Ring*

Lying on his stomach, lost in dreams, Anuj stirred as his phone started to ring.

*Ring* *Ring*

Reaching out a hand towards the device on the side table, he opened his eyes and narrowed them at the screen.The numbers were a blur but there was no name.

“Hello” Anuj mumbled sleepily ,while his eyes threatened to shut.

“Um…hello?”

“Who’s this?” Anuj asked gently,his eyes about close now.

“Ah, you crashed your car into mine, yesterday and then asked me to contact you today?” Came the reply from other end and sleep escaped Anuj’s eyes as he scrambled to sit up, tangled with the blankets.

“Oh, yes! I..ah—

Anuj looked at the wall clock then and realized it was already 11.

“I am really sorry! It skipped me.But if you will send me the location of service center, I will be there in no time!” Anuj replied hastily as he jumped off the bed and was soon opening his closet to take out his clothes, while the phone was pressed between his jaw and shoulder.

“No, it’s alright. I have sent you a copy of the expected repair costs. But if you’d like to double check then I’ll send you the address”.

Anuj paused then as he shut his closet and took the phone in his hands.

“You don’t have to. You trusted me enough to wait till today; the least I can do is have faith in you too. I will transfer the money into your a/c then”.

“Ok…thank you”

Anuj shook his head then imagining a silhouette dressed in saree with the braid lying neatly on one side of shoulder.

“No, Thank you! And sorry!” Anuj apologized as he heard a mumbled “It’s fine” and the call was ended.

He closed his eyes briefly, trying to put face to the voice but failed. He had only seen her once after all. He could somewhat imagine her but still could not.

“Oh! I didn’t even ask her name!”  he clicked his tongue as the realization came too late.

“Ah, if it’s her account then maybe—

He trailed thoughtfully as he opened the whatsapp to find her message. It was a paytm UPI with the name‘Bhavesh’.

Anuj chuckled then, “Definitely not her name. Perhaps brother?”

‘Or husband? Or son?’

Anuj shrugged the thought as soon as it came. Their fated interactions had come to their end point. What use was mulling useless things? He already had enough thoughts to crowd his head, didn’t need one more.

And with that he walked off towards the drawing room, determined to enjoy his Sunday.

~*~*~*~*~

True to Monday blues, the time was 10 and Anuj had his head buried in files while his eyes alternated between them and the laptop.

*Knock* *Knock*

Anuj glanced at his watch then and pulled away from the files. Shutting them, he piled them one over another and placed them at the end of his desk.

“Looks like Ms. Anupama is here”.

Anuj mumbled to himself as he straightened his coat. They were not hiring during this time but on Devika’s insistence, he had decided to judge for himself if her friend was worth his company.