Act 7A

The past few days had been like a steady breeze. After a long while, she was catching a break. No drama, no nonsense,just plain sukoon.

Mr. Shah had been recuperating nicely owing to the nurse, and Kavya who seemed to have come around seeing her husband in suffering, as Samar had told her. He always kept her up to date with the happenings of Shah house, mostly because he was aware of her habit, of worrying.

And she couldn't be blamed for that. Living alone didn't come easy to her, who had spent a good part of her life in a house where silence barely prevailed, and yet the silence that surrounded her now, felt more welcome than queasy.

Perched on the sofa in the living room, with her knees crossed, she idly surfed through the channels,taking bits and pieces of every show in the stride.

She had happened across this pastime only after moving out, because earlier, she never had time to spare to herself. Office still kept her occupied for a good 8 hours while one to three would easily pass in the dance academy. Samar, taking its reins meant more time to spare and yet, she wasn't complaining.

She had found herself a routine which she appreciated thoroughly. Back from office, she would catchnews and she truly did enjoy getting information, that in turn allowed her to pitch in a few words here and there in the office, while other employees would discuss some hot topics. It not only made her feel more included, but confident too.

And she wasn't necessarily lonely. Samar always made it a point to call her at the end of day where they would both share their bits. Sometimes he would drop by too, along with Nandini. Other times, Baapuji would come, accompanied by Kinjal and Sweety.

And the rest, she laughed recalling the mayhem in the car today. Devika and Anuj had thoroughly,at length debated a weekend getaway for the trio, butting heads because Anuj wanted a relaxing weekend while Devika wanted to go adventurous. And when the two couldn't come to consensus, she found herself dragged in the debate, and she concurred with him. She already had adventures of a lifetime, didn't need them anymore.

Devika had cried foul then, accusing her of favoritism towards Anuj and once her words had the desired effect of embarrassing them, she had a good laugh at their expense when Anuj had finally dropped her off.

'Anuj'

She smiled then. These days, more often than not, she found him wandering in her thoughts. And whose fault was that? His, of course! Post her refusal of returning back to Shah house, he had become rather conspicuous. Beaming,every time he saw her, and he didn't even bother to hide it now. He loved playing her pick up and despite her vehement protest, wouldn't budge an inch on the issue. And wasn't that because, his puppy eyed look would disarm her every time.

"If I ever make you even remotely uncomfortable with my actions, don't hesitate in telling me off".

'Uncomfortable?'

Because of him?! Never! Rather, she was so comfortable in her own skin, that she would easily pull his legs these days. And wasn't that because,she loved it when he would flash his characteristic smile at her, the one that she couldn't quite forget.

It was a loud bang sound resonating from the television, that broke her reverie and Anupama snapped out to realize, that once again,she had been lost in her musings of him.

Hitting her head lightly, she shook her head and decided to retire for the day. And the first thing tomorrow, she was going to meet Baapuji and check on Pakhi, who had her exams coming up.

"And I'll have to inform Anuj too, that I won't be going with him tomorrow".

*************

He had whined quite a bit but to no avail. He had practically become immune to the melodrama of shah house but Anu insisted otherwise. And she wanted him miles away from the place where he wasn't warmly welcomed.