2a. Massage I

Anupama rushed around the kitchen in absolute madness. Anuj would be coming back from the gym soon, and she wished to surprise him with an continental breakfast, as he liked.

She was done plating the toast, scrambled eggs and the pancakes. The only thing left was his favourite fudge. Getting on to it, she whipped the mixture wildly, while her gaze alternated between the clock and the pan on the stove. The closer the minute hand inched to 12, the faster she whipped, and more was the mess created, that Anupama refused to pay heed to.

Pouring the mixture into the pan, she moved the spatula in it and checked for the correct viscosity. Satisfied, she licked the paste and as her lips lifted in appreciation, she switched off the burner and emptied the piping chocolate delicacy into a container, garnishing it with chocolate pieces before sliding the utensil into the centre of her breakfast setup.

Her eyes shifted to the clock again, and as the clock aligned at 8 AM, she untied the apron, threw it over the nail and rushed towards the door.

Anuj was always on time. And she heard a ring. It was her phone. She ignored the notification, and continued towards the door but it pinged again. Eyes rolling in annoyance, she picked the phone brutally and unlocked it, a string of mild curses leaving her lips as murmurs.

The irritation, however, was replaced by concern soon as she went through the message. It was from Anuj.

"Anu...Help...At home"

And she was already out of her door, and stepping through his's, shouting his name at the top of her voice.

"Anuj! Anuj!!"

Picking up the sounds coming from his room, she made a beeline for it and found her eyes blowing wide, as she found his face twisted in pain while a buff looking man lowered him on the bed.

"Anuj!" Troubled, she rushed round the bed and cupped his face, shooting questions at the rate of mile a minute.

"Whathappened? Why?Areyouok? Areyouinjured?Didyougotothedoctor?ShallIcallSamarover?Iwillcallthehospi--mmph!!!

The illegible questions finally dissolved into a muffled riot as Anuj clapped his palm over her mouth and chuckled.

"Slow down, love! Slow down! And breathe, ok. Just breathe".

He nodded, silently asking for her acquiescence and as she agreed, he pulled away his palm and winced while adjusting his back against the pillows.

She supported him in leaning back and voiced out her worry, her forehead getting creased.

"He got a cramp while lifting the weights", the forgotten third party remarked, and Anupama glared at Anuj, who in turn threatened the snitch with his eyes.

"Are you five, or what?!" She scolded him offended. He had told her that he was looking to shift towards a more robust workout routine, but this wasn't how it was supposed to play out.

"Maine jaan bujh ke thodi--

"Aap toh chup hi rahiye", she cut him off super pissed and turned to the other man in the room.

"Um...you are his instructor, Viraj, I suppose?"

As the man nodded, she continued, "Should we go to a physician, or consult a physiotherapist?"

"We have a doctor working with us, so you don't have to worry. It's a minor cramp. Here--

Pointing to a brown packet kept on the side table, he informed her, "--is a pain relief tablet if he gets uncomfortable, and an oil for massage. These things happen a lot frequently then you would suspect, so be assured that there is nothing to worry about".

"Oh", Anupama flashed a thankful smile, and Viraj nodded in return.

"I should get going now. Take care, Anuj". Patting him on the shoulder then, Viraj walked out, after Anuj and Anu thanked him for the help.

**********************

Walking over with a bowl of hot oil in her hands, Anupama froze at the threshold of Anuj's room as she saw him pulling his hands out of the T-shirt sleeves, before laying it down by his side.

Unblinking she stared, as he rolled back his shoulders, making his back muscles arch and flex in such a tantalising display that Anupama felt her mouth go dry.

"Aise na mujhe tum dekho~" Anuj sing-songed, as the corner of his lips perked up and he craned his neck to wink at Anu.

Scratching the bridge of her nose in embarassment, she walked inside and keeping the bowl on the side table, stood with her hands folded, feigning irritation.

"...Seene se laga lung--

His eyes went for her face and he faltered for a microsecond, before his brows furrowed."What's that on your face?"

"What?" She started raising her palm when he caught it midway, and shook his head in negative, his face grim.

"Wait! Anu, wait! This is tricky! Let me..." Anuj trailed, as he urged her to lower herself  and as she did, he leaned towards her face while clasping her face in his left palm.

"Anuj, what is it?" She asked troubled, as he looked into her eyes and nodded, his face serious. "Main sambhal lunga, love".

Anupama closed her eyes, fearing the unknown while Anuj drew his face closer to hers, and then-
.
.
.
He licked her cheek.

"......!!!"

Eyes flying open at the feel of his tongue snaking against her cheek, Anupama drew back surprised and clapped her palm over the said cheek, feeling the stickiness against it.

She looked at him aghast while Anuj smiled innocently. " Main toh bas help kar raha tha...safai main". He drawled.

Her brows furrowed at the remark before he caught her by surprise and yanked her forward by the other arm.

She looked down at him questioningly while he peered through his lashes and brought his lips closer to her wrist.

"I love chocolate", And he grinned, before closing his mouth over the inside of her wrist.Anupama inhaled sharply, as his tongue slithered over the spilled chocolate mixture remnants, and wiped her hand clean.

Withdrawing his mouth then, he looked up at her and asked suggestively, " Why are you staring, love? I am ready".

If looks could devour, Anupama was consumed ten times over by now. She sputtered, "F-For what?"

Anuj licked his lips, "Massage, obviously!" And then he laughed, throwing her off while he laid down on his stomach and waited.

Isn't it important to have a buildup?
Damn straight, it is!🔥