|Not so Holy this Holi| - Shot 1

Happy holi, you all! Here comes a holi special, dedicated to my lovely readers!

Kavya grinned wickedly as she saw Anupama and Anuj drink their glass of cold drink. She had seen Anupama go crazy under the effects of bhaang in the last holi and therefore couldn't help but wonder, what the group of the two oh-so-newly-in-love drunkards would do, when wasted, together? Definitely something that would displease baa, and maybe offend her enough that she would throw Anupama out of the shah house for good.

'Happy holi you two!" She smiled at the thought of impending dhoom tana na and sipped on her cold drink, while swaying to the music

********

Anuj picked up the glass from the table and sipped from it. Placing the glass back, he sipped from the glass he was already holding and instantly, his brows furrowed. He took a quick whiff of the liquid and was easily able to conclude, that his drink had alcohol.

"Holi pe bhaang toh suni thi, but spiked drinks! How unseemly!" With the comment, he poured the drink on the ground and turned to rejoin the group, when it struck him that Anu had picked her glass from the same tray too.And if it was someone's sick joke, there were high chances that she could be getting wasted about now.

"Gotta reach her quick!" He panicked, and jogged into the midst of colorful dancing monkeys where she was earlier. By this point, the stronger and darker colors had joined the fray; water was added to the mix too and voila, it became even harder to single out an individual in the large crowd.

Worried, he looked around for her, dodging being colored in the dark to the best of his abilities while his mind was plagued by her. Where was she? Was she alright? Hopefully she was with family, and didn't stray off into the midst of rowdy people!

"Oh god! Kahin Anu ki tabiyat na bigad jaye!" He prayed, and his prayer was answered when he spotted Samar wetting his hands with a deep maroon.

"Samar! Buddy!" Anuj called out to him, and stopped him in his track as he enquired about his mother. "Where is Anu? I can't find her!"

Samar smiled at the man. His mummy had hit a jackpot truly. "Relax Anuj! I saw mummy going towards home only".

Patting his shoulders to convey his gratefulness, Anuj went racing down the road to shah house. Entering the house, he scanned the hall frantically,wondering where to check first, before he heard some music and made a beeline for the direction it was coming from. The louder the music got, the hastier he became and he instantly threw open the purple hand marked door, on recalling how Anu had told him about Vanraj's cheap attempt at spoiling their holi.

But the sight that greeted him, left him gobsmacked. There was,his Anupama, standing on the bed in a certain pose, her neck grooving to the music from her phone.

Quickly, he shut the door behind himself and looked at a wonder unravel before his eyes, as Anupama jumped and danced on the bed, unaware of his presence.

Folding his hands, he leaned against the doorframe and gazed at her lovingly. As long as she was alright.

The song changed then and he chuckled as she acted the part.

Zara Sa Jhoom Loon Main, Arre Na Re Na Re Na
Zara Sa Ghoom Loon Main, Arre Na Re Na Re Na
Aa Tujhe Choom Loon Main, Arre Na Re Na Baba Na
Main Chali Banke Hawa
Rabba Mere Mainu Bacha

As she twirled to the lyrics, her gaze finally focused on the man standing in the corner and she shouted, "Anooooj!" And without another warning, she freakin jumped.

Eyes widening in horror, Anuj rushed to catch her and when she safely landed in his arms, he heaved a sigh of relief.

Zara Sa Jhoom Loon Main
Arre Na Re Na Re Na