Act 4

So, this act is based on the episode where Anupama has finally walked out of Shah house.

Anuj looked around the park restlessly. He had seen a familiar silhouette in pink walking in that direction.

As he quickly scanned over the area, he stopped, on finally spotting Anupama. There she was sitting on a bench, her forehead smeared with red and her eyes blank.

His heart clenched then but he decided to keep distance. And he kept it through the next 3 hours as Anupama loitered around the park in a daze, before she visited a nearby temple and finally reached her mother's home.

Anuj attached himself to the wall as he saw her finally disappear inside the confines. Such a bittersweet memory.

Anuj shook his head then and decided to leave. She was safe, and this time was surrounded by company she needed the most.

However Anu's mother had spotted Anuj as he walked away and her brows furrowed in concern.

~*~*~*~*~

It was lunch time now. And Anuj was worried. All throughout the morning, all Anu had managed to do was to be blank. She should've shared her pain with her family, but he knew now that she hadn't. Probably, because she knew that even the mention of it would open the floodgates that she was barely keeping closed.

Anuj stepped inside the cabin once he saw that she had not even touched her food. He wanted not to broach a topic that would sadden her but he also realized that bottling it up was doing her no good either. She was bound to fall ill at this rate.

"Anu..." He called out softly as she looked at him, while he walked over to her, and sat on the other sofa seat, while placing the chocolate milk on the table.

"If you don't feel like eating, please have the milk", he offered her the glass but she refused to respond, her head once again in places dark.

Sighing, Anuj put away the glass and called her out once again.

"Anu...what you are doing...it will do you more harm than good".

She looked at him once again and his eyes pained as he saw her eyes.

"Please talk....I..main hu..so please don't be like that", Anuj urged her, leaning forward.

The coaxing, the cajoling,her pain being resonated in his eyes was making it all so difficult for her to keep her control.

And then she felt a touch,as she looked down to see his hesitating fingers touching hers, almost afraid that he will break her.

Anuj didn't know what to do. He had a million curses to decorate Vanraj and the likes, but that wouldn't alleviate her heartache. Physical assurance worked in these situation but all he could offer in that department was a fleeting touch of concern, because neither would she accept any more than that nor would he be able to keep himself from breaking down if she did.

He decided to leave then.At least she was with her thoughts when she was alone but he was not being much of a consolation right now. Withdrawing his fingers, Anuj roused from the sofa murmuring a sorry and turned around to leave.

The loss of his touch felt like her support had been snatched from her and she was drowning. Overcome with desperation, she reached out her hand and fisted her fingers around the back of his coat.

"S-Stay Anuj...just stay",Anupama stammered as Anuj got rooted to his spot, hearing her broken voice. Her heartache was his heartbreak.

He decided to turn around then, but she stopped him. "Don't turn...please"