| Innocent Sin| - Shot 1

Anuj felt his mouth go dry as he stepped inside the shah house. True to its theme, the entire hall was oozing brightness, lanterns and lots of shiny wall hangings.

Lost in his soliloquy, he failed to notice Samar who chirped at his sight and dragged him inside, as he kept the cap on his head and went onto tie the kerchiefs around his wrist.

Anuj looked at his hands and then looked around the house,and then heard the low tunes as Samar checked the music system.

'Chand mera dil....chandni ho tum....'

Anuj coughed while Samar swiftly changed the song. He was kind of scared now. The leash of his 'satisfaction' had started to slip since he had noticed that Anupama was noticing him too. And if his heart was left to his devices, he was sure that at the first sight of Anupama today, he would drop on his knees and sing 'Tumhe jo maine dekha, tumhe jo maine chaha'.

In short, this very romantic setup was a ticking time bomb to his sanity. Clearing his throat again, Anuj excused himself as he made his way to kitchen. He needed water. And since everyone was occupied, he decided to get it himself.

Stepping into the kitchen, he walked to the refrigerator,opened the door and started to gulp down water, like a camel.

Anupama dropped by the kitchen too, her hands occupied with a kadhai filled with gravy. Minding her own business, she decided to step pastAnuj when he jumped, suddenly.

The instant she had stepped in his space, her scent had hit him like a truck, and with the water still lodged in his mouth, Anuj turned around sharply and collided into her.

Horrified, Anupama looked at the now half empty kadhai, because it was her clothes and his, smeared by the rest of it.

Eyes wide in disbelief, she glared at Anuj who had realized the mess he had made. But he still had his cheeks puffed with water, having forgotten to gulp it down now that she was in front of him.

"Ye kya kia aapne?" She scolded him as he shook his head in negative while she gave him a puzzled look. To his ballooned cheeks precisely.

"Ek toh pehle ye paani pee lijiye!" She remarked and now it dawned on Anuj, that his mouth was full. Half choking and half spilling, he somehow downed the water and had barely sighed when he saw her give him a stern look, her lips parting to dish out scolding.

"Main nanha munha raahi hu!"he interrupted her as the anger dissipated into an expression of pure bizarre as Anupama furrowed her brows.

"Kya?!"

"I mean chandni mera dil,chand ho tum"

Another look of disbelief later Anuj realized the slip of his tongue and briefly closed his eyes,mentally kicking himself. Way to go,idiot!

"I mean, T-tum achanak se aai..and main..wo..I..sorry!" He put his foot down finally, making a puppy face at her.

Shaking her head at his antiques, she kept the kadhai on counter top and took simultaneous looks at their dresses.

"Aap kurta change kar lijiye"

"Main theek hu" Anuj replied pat, wanting to avoid further embarrassment that was sure to come his way.

"Anuuj! Chaliye!" She gave him one look and nodding like a petulant child,he followed after her as she asked Samar to lend him some decent clothes.

As Samar's eyes darted to his mother's spoiled saree and Anuj's curried kurta, his eyes glimmered with mischief and as soon as he saw his mother turn the corner of hall, he called Nandini over and whispered something in her ears as her face broke into a grin too and both hi fived.