1. Kiss

Anupama sat with her fingers interlocked in her lap, her eyes occasionally flitting to her side before shifting back towards her feet, real fast.

Anuj puffed his cheeks and bit his lips, moving his gaze to his side before looking away quick, when her eyes met his. He stretched his arms in different manners, trying to deal with the awkward situation.

Anu had called him over in the dead of a sunday afternoon and here they were sitting side by side, being skittish.

Anuj had no clue of what she was thinking, but he sure was getting ideas. Their first proper hug, post confession had been his demand. Oh, how beautifully she had dissolved in his embrace, and how much filled his heart had felt, he couldn't even begin to explain.

But in this moment, as their arms brushed against each other, he felt very very aware of her presence, especially with the unnatural silence.

"Anuj..."
"Haan Anu" He looked at her with rapt attention, and she gulped, forcing his gaze to notice the movement of her throat before meeting her gaze.

"Main wo--

Anupama looked away. Her throat felt dry. This was tough. What she wanted to say was difficult. Even formulating the words in her head had taken her two days, but right now, with him sitting so close, her thoughts had betrayed her, her lips wouldn't part, and yet she was overcome with an overwhelming impulse to pull him close by his collar and crash her lips against his.

She wanted to kiss him. The hug had opened a whole new front in her world, and the desires she had never been privy too, came exploding. Watching kissing scenes in movies had always made her feel shy, but the last series she had watched, her gaze had glued itself to the screen and left her thinking of how it would feel to do it with Anuj.

Anupama fisted her fingers as her toes curled. Even the mere thought, was setting her ablaze. Anuj kapadia was driving her insane without even knowing.

"Main aapse..kuch maangna..ch-chahti thi.." Anupama finally completed her sentence, and Anuj nodded, licking his lips subconsciously.

The act disturbed her immensely, and she turned her face away again.

This was difficult. She was so embarrassed to admit that she wanted to kiss him. She knew that Anuj would never judge her for these things, but the belief didn't make the task easier.

"Anu?" Anuj waited for her to put forth her demand and she whispered so quietly that he barely caught the movement of her lips.

"What?" He asked leaning a bit closer.

"...i..ss"

"Come again" he asked putting his ear close to her mouth.

"K..is.s"

Anuj froze as her breath tickled his ears, and her words made his blood rush to his head.

Moving his head away, he cleared his throat, looked into her eyes and repeated, " k..kiss? You..." He pointed at her, and then at his lips.

She meekly nodded, and Anuj looked away shocked first, pinched himself second and winced third. In the next second, he jumped off his seat, and gestured anu to wait, as he rushed to the washroom.

She could hear him gurgle , and blushed red, the level of his excitement putting her anticipation to all time high.

That wasn't all. Anuj was checking his teeth for any stuck remnants, checking his breath by blowing it against his hand and cursing himself for having onion in breakfast. He debated going back to his home for brush, but decided against it lest the her mood changed.