| The D-Night| - Shot 2

Anupama had been chatting with the ladies when one of them had informed her of Anuj 'sir' looking their way. And as she had turned to look for him, her eyes found him instantly and stopped.

Her gaze flickered over his form in pleasant surprise and before she knew, she had excused herself and was walking towards him.

Anuj, who was already entranced, was further stupefied on realizing that Anu was looking 'looking' at him.

Devika glanced over her shoulder to take a look at Anupama and smirked. Mission accomplished.

While Vanraj who had been busy with Paritosh, watched as Anupama walked past him with her gaze fixed far away. He then shifted his eyes in the direction she was going,spotted Anuj and then his eyes widened.

"Jai shri Krishna". Anupama paused few steps away and greeted Anuj. He folded his hands in kind, still transfixed. Why? How?

"Wow, Anu!You are looking lovely! Haina Anuj?" Devika who had been observing the situation till now decided that it was the time for her divine intervention and appeared from behind Anupama, winking at Anuj.

"Aren't these traditionals beautiful? I gifted them to her", Devika smirked and Anuj nodded, hiding his smile. No wonder, his closet looked a little disturbed. Courtesy her and GK.

But no matter the means, his gift had been delivered to Anu. And he was thrilled to see her in it. He silently thanked Devika and catching onto his gesture, she nodded.

"Arre Anuj!You are looking handsome too! And what a coincidence it is, Anu absolutely loooves bright red color", the L-word rolled off Devika's tongue meaningfully and Anuj had to clear his throat,afraid Anu would catch onto the changing hues of his face.

But Anuj knew now why he was dragged throughout the market. It was all worth it, if his Anu was happy.

Anupama smiled, nodding, "Devika is right. Ye rang bahot jacchh raha hai aap par. Aap par bright colours bahot khilte hain. You should wear them more often", Anupama complimented and Anuj smiled, his face growing warm and ears red.

"Thank you",He whispered and their eyes met again. His eyes brimming with emotions caught hers prisoner and in that moment of 5 seconds, neither looked away before Anupama broke the contact and turned away.

Anuj's eyes lit up following the eye contact and he scratched the back of his head, his lips threatening to turn up while Devika was left slack jawed. Did Anu....!Did Anuj....! Did they really just stare each other in the eyes...in this bhari sabha?!!

OH.MY.GOD! Such improvement!

"I'm brilliant!" Devika patted her shoulders, glad to be of assistance to her shayar and tension kumari.

"Main...aati hoon", as Anupama excused herself, Anuj nodded and stared after her retreating form longingly, his palm feeling his beats. This foolish hope!

Anupama had excused herself due to the awkward situation but had soon found herself surrounded yet again. Though the conversation was flowing, her head was clearly not in it, for it was the third time in the span of 15 minutes that she was looking in Anuj's direction while he was conversing with baapuji, devika and GK kaka.

She didn't know what had come over her, but he had simply caught her eye today. Maybe it was that vibrant red coat, but what was the coat without the one wearing it.

She had always liked red color, on men precisely and on many occasions had tried to persuade her ex-husband into wearing them too, if only for her sake. But everytime he would brush it off as a gaudy choice and call her classless for having such tacky tastes. It was funny, how like many other things, another longing of her life time was being fulfilled by Anuj. She didn't know if it was coincidence or fate, but she had to admit that Anuj was starting to make his own place in her life because if he would have been just someone, him wearing the outfit of her liking would not have bothered her in the way him wearing it had surprised her.