◈ chapter twenty-four [18+]

last chapter! epilogue incoming <3

chapter twenty-four

———◈—◇—◈—◇———

"Princess," Taehyung breathed into your ear, his words heavy and full of want.

"Yes," you gasped back - the only word you could form as he pressed you into the door of his bedroom. Neither of you had bothered to open it when you came home from celebratory drinks - far too wrapped up in each other.

You'd known this was coming.

It had been building for weeks; you thought maybe since he'd first touched you, but you knew it was before that. Before he'd even kissed you, you'd known this was where you were leading.

And now, on the evening that you'd finally stood up to your father and told Taehyung you loved him... you couldn't think of a better time.

You were ready. You wanted him so badly, it made your chest ache.

All evening, in the bar with your friends, you knew you should have been thinking about the monumental things that had happened today. About how you were going to have to navigate the world by yourself now, and yet it wasn't scary, because all of your favourite people would be by your side. 

You should have been thinking about that.

But every thought was occupied by Taehyung, and what you wanted to do when you got back to his apartment.

With that in mind you found his lips again, drawing him in by the back of his neck. The skin there was warm, his hair soft. You could almost feel the heat pulsing in his veins. There was no playing any more - no pretending you were anything less than desperate - so you let your hands wander down his abdomen, feeling him tense under your touch.

This seemed to finally give Taehyung pause. He was clearly struggling just as much as you, his face flushed and eyes black with desire. You smiled at him now as you both caught your breath, and pushed his glasses up to the top of his head for him.

He smiled back, wide and longing. "Not here," he murmured, and your heart swooped in panic.

"Oh shit - is Jin here?" you realised all of a sudden - shooting a glance at Jin's closed bedroom door across the lounge. It was after midnight, so the chances were he was sleeping - but you hadn't thought much about that until just now.

Taehyung grinned. "Well, yes. But I really meant... I don't want the first time we do this to be against a door," he clarified. He still seemed out of breath, and your heart skipped a beat at how much want sparkled in his amber irises.