◈ chapter three

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

chapter three

———◈—◇—◈—◇———

"This was a huge mistake," you groaned, head slumped in your hands. 

It had been a long day at work the next day, avoiding your father and Jaewon at all costs, while also having to field off calls from real estate agents, solicitors and bankers, all of them determined to get your rental contract signed and your bank account drained. As of today you were officially a tenant of that drafty loft - but you hadn't had the energy to move in tonight, opting instead to drink away your sorrows after work with your best friends instead.

Rae and Jungkook eyed you sympathetically now across the table in the dimly lit bar. 

"Hey," Jungkook soothed, reaching for your hands and pulling them away from your face. "It'll be okay, you'll work it out." 

"Are you kidding?" you narrowed your eyes at him, and saw the uncertainty cross his features at your confrontational tone.

Sometimes you weren't sure how Jungkook put up with you and Rae. You were both so outspoken and confident, and Jungkook was the opposite of both of those things. 

But you supposed that was probably why it worked. Jungkook was the Yin to yours and Rae's Yang.

Rae's in particular. She was loud, proud, and accepted absolutely no shit from anyone.

Like now, for instance. She had opted for a hot pink power-suit for work today, and even now in the bar after a long day, she glowed like it was nobody's business. Beside her, Jungkook was her complete opposite in all-black; but his dark, handsome features were still accentuated in the dim lighting, gorgeous without even knowing it.

"Come on, babe," Rae rolled her eyes at you now across the table, sipping at her gin cocktail as her and Jungkook eyed you side-by-side. "It's not like the world has ended, you're just doing what every other twenty-something year old adult does at this stage in life. You have to grow up some time."

"But I was so close to promotion!" you replied indignantly, feeling a little like a petulant child. "And now I'll have to-"

"To what? Work for it, like the rest of us?" Rae cut in, bordering on annoyance now, before Jungkook could get a word in. "You think that any of us have ever been offered a promotion? I mean - take Kookie for example. You've seen how good his designs are, right?"

"Yes," you nodded as if it were obvious. "They're the best in the company by far."

"Right," Rae agreed, ignoring a blushing Jungkook, going crimson at this praise. "But do you ever see him in one-to-one mentoring sessions with directors? Or conversations about promotions? No. Because Jungkook isn't the child of the CEO, is he?"

RAINY DAYS | taehyung ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें