15 | 𝖱 𝖤 𝖵 𝖤 𝖠 𝖫

"You've got to be kidding me, I guess I was right after all

"You've got to be kidding me, I guess I was right after all." the man yelled as he stomped around the office, his assistant nervously glancing at him. "It wasn't there, but there was a woman." he timidly shrugs.

"Who was she?" the boss asked, "She didn't say, but she wished me luck on finding the pictures."

"You told someone about the pictures?" the man booms.

"It's not like I name-dropped the people on it, did I?"

"I don't even know what to think anymore." the man says pinching the bridge of his nose. "Did I mess up?" the boy whispers, "Depends on who you told." the man shrugs.

"On a higher note I need to get in contact with our informant because someone screwed this up, and it sure wasn't us."

"Yes Sir, I'll get her on the phone for you." he says dialing the number into the phone, "Here," he answers handing it to the boss. The woman picked up on the second ring, "Yes?" she asked, "When I ask you to do something I expect it to be done!" he yelled.

"Calm yourself, I did everything that you asked. You said to put it under the bench with the statue and I did, I put it in an envelope so no one could see its contents." she reasons. A loud gasp distracts both the boss and the woman on the phone, "What now?" the boss asks unamused.

"The woman who stood by that bench said something about putting an envelope into the mail drop-box," he says clasping his hands over his mouth.

"You incompetent fool, who even is this lady and why is she screwing our plans up?"

The gears turned in the woman's head, "Can you describe the woman?" she asked, "I can try, I didn't see her for long."

Everyone grew silent so the boy could remember, "She was shorter than me, with long brown hair, and green eyes, and she wore pajamas."

"That's really helpful, you just described half of the Chicago population." the female voice mocks, "I'm not finished." he says stopping her in her tracks, "She had almost like a tattoo that was peaking out of her shirt but it wasn't ink."

The boss shouted a bunch of unintelligible words, "Your telling me that Ivory damn Diaz took that envelope and put it into the mail?"

The boy just shrugs, "If she's the one who fits the description, then yes she did." the woman makes a scoffing noise. "How would she know to look under a bench on that street there's like fifteen?" the boss yells.

"There's nothing we can do about it now." the boy reasons, "I still don't have any proof in my hands that the two of them have even been spotted together."

"What good reason do I have to lie?"

"Maybe you have something against one of them, the options are endless."

"Whatever, I expect new evidence by the end of this week," he orders hanging up the phone, "The two of you are going to be the reason we can't gain prestige."