9 | 𝖳 𝖱 𝖮 𝖴 𝖡 𝖫 𝖤

The voice got closer, then closer, "I'm glad you finally came

The voice got closer, then closer, "I'm glad you finally came." I gasp as I'm pulled away, "I thought I warned you." Ruby says, a tall man shoves me to the ground and presses his foot against my stomach. "Get off of me," I say rolling to knock his balance off, he stands up quicker than I anticipated but I'm able to sweep his leg and change positions.

"Who even are you?" he breathlessly says, "Someone you should've never messed with," I say sending several punches into his face. He finally blacks out as I stand up and face Ruby, "You want something too?" I ask, "No. No, get away from me you freak." she screams before running away.

I continue my walk before I end up in a parlor, there on the couch sits Owen, "Have you seen my mommy?" he asks timidly, "No babe, but I can help you find her." I reply. I position Owen on my hip, as I begin to look around the room, "What's your name?" he asks, "Ivy." I answer.

"Like the superhero?" he asks again, "Sure." I agree unsure of what he's talking about, "You're pretty like her." he says. "Well thank you." I smile, I hurriedly go back to the main living room in hopes someone is there, Grey sits on the couch. "I'm so glad you're here, we can't find Leslie anywhere." I sigh as he gets to his feet.

"They might be in the theater." Grey shrugs guiding us in the correct direction, sure enough, that's where they were.

"Grey, can I talk to you?" he asks as I step away, "I was never lost I just wanted to spend time with pretty Ivy." he laughs as I can't help but smile. I walk back slightly still in earshot, "She is very beautiful, isn't she." Grey adds I can feel my cheeks heat up.

I hear his footsteps come from the room as I quickly walk away, "I know you were listening." he calls stopping me in my tracks, "So you knew what you saying?" I ask. "Especially when a four-year-old can tell your beauty and charm." Grey says finally catching up with me, "You can't mean that." I sigh.

"You hate Vipers, and that's exactly what I am."

Grey grabs my wrist so I face him, "I might hate Vipers, but I can't hate you." he says looking me dead in the eye and sending chills up my spine. We keep our eyes locked on each other as the tension grows, just inches away from each other's lips.

"Guys, deserts." Nadia calls down the hallway stopping her sentence when she sees us, "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." she awkwardly says. "Don't worry, you didn't interrupt anything," I say walking towards Nadia. "Are you and my brother something?" she asks, "Oh, absolutely not," I say as we continue to the dining room where almost everyone is back in their seats.

"You wouldn't believe what I saw coming back here." Andrew says, "What?" Anniston asks, "What's up?" Nadia asks. "Rob was beaten up lying on the floor." he explains, "Did you do anything?" Nadia asks again, "That's funny, I wouldn't sacrifice my pinky toe for that man."