3 | 𝖱 𝖤 𝖦 𝖱 𝖤 𝖳 𝖲

"Did you have to be such a douche?" Nadia spits frustrated while pulling her hair into her hands, "I told you we didn't need any help

"Did you have to be such a douche?" Nadia spits frustrated while pulling her hair into her hands, "I told you we didn't need any help." I argue back, driven to make my point. "That's the issue, Grey. You can accept help and you're too proud and independent to be proven otherwise." she stomps around the living room.

Marco just stands back along the wall not knowing when or if he should step in on this, "Pull yourself together." I reason, Nadia just scoffs. "Whatever makes you feel better Greyson." she finished before exiting the room. I throw myself onto the couch before lighting a cigarette, "She has a point, you know." Marco sounds from the back as I abruptly turn around. "Whose side are you on?" I spit.

"The right one Grey, just because we don't agree doesn't mean I'm not going to back you up."

I glare at the warm fireplace as our reflections are painted in the dancing embers, "Don't be so cold." he starts again, as I suck in a breath to stop from hurting him, "You haven't seen cold yet." I glare as he too walks away, leaving me alone. Why would Nadia bring her? She could've brought in a Southsider and I wouldn't be half as mad, but damn Ivory Diaz, absolutely not.

After a few minutes, I rise from my seat and enter the backyard, which is adjourned with a beautiful rose garden, hand-picked and cared for by my Mother. She always preferred the roses because they symbolized love and passion, something that this lifestyle couldn't give her.

"Greyson." a light voice echoes through the garden as I spin around on my heels to welcome Madre. I briskly walk over to her guiding her to the wooden swing before we both sit down, "I heard that you and Nadia had a little disagreement." she starts.

I go to open my mouth but I am instantly stopped, "No, she didn't tell me, I heard it all from the kitchen with Maura." I exhale. "You see where I'm coming from right? There's a reason I don't want her here." I try to reason.

"Greyson, she's not the plague, you don't know her. Don't make your assumptions." she counteracts me.

"She's a Viper." I begin, "You're a D'Angelo, You most likely look like the villain in her eyes too. She's helping us out of the goodness of her heart." she's finished. I already know that I cannot prove her wrong so I just slouch back into the swing, as she lays her delicate head on my shoulder.

"You know I love you, right?" she asks, "Of course, I know. And, for the record, I love you too." I say as a smile escapes my lips.

"That's my boy." she grins back. We finally both rise from the swing as I walk her back inside, meeting Maura in the doorway, "If you don't mind we have something to discuss." she says before they both walk off.

I briskly walk to Marco's office before giving one knock and then barging through, "What Grey?" he asks unamused. "Come on, we've got somewhere to be." I urge as he hurriedly grabs his coat, "Where?" he asks, as we both file out of the door.

"The lounge." I say calmly, Marco begins to cough, "You're telling me we are doing all this rushing to go to the club? It's not going anywhere." he starts.