53. the things we lost in the fire

Start from the beginning

Carter clicked his fingers, referring to Newt. His plan had taken a sharp, sinister turn, as he had also decided that Newt would be added to the list of people he wanted dead. "Oh yes, also the boy. Let's get them both." Carter said simply, not showing any remorse or emotion as he spoke. "I want Vivian to witness her whole family being destroyed."

The soldiers nodded when Carter gave them the new instructions, and rushed away to prepare all the weapons needed to kill them from above. They would try every single weapon they had at their disposal, in order to kill all of them, especially because they were a threat to Carter's plans.

Carter knew that he would leave no chance for anyone to survive this and did not hesitate at the thought of killing them.

Thèrèse was running up the stairs, her footsteps frantic and her breath heavy from the effort of climbing the stairs. Sweat dripped down her body as she pushed herself to carry on.

She thought that she was giving up, that there was nothing left she could do anymore but call out Teresa's name and hope that she was still alive.

"Teresa!"

Teresa heard her name be called out from the end of the hallway, and her heart beat rapidly. She didn't think this would be possible, as her condition had deteriorated much faster than she thought.

"Thèrèse?" she called back down, her voice weak and hoarse but full of relief.

"Teresa! Answer me! Please!" Thèrèse didn't care her voice echoed through the building, triggering the dangers of the soldiers.

Thèrèse heard her voice echo through the building, and she couldn't care less if it triggered the soldiers and put her life even more at risk.

"I'm here! I'm here." Teresa called back down as she tried to remain as strong and confident as possible. She knew she couldn't let Thèrèse worry and panic any further, seeing as she was already in an unstable condition.

Thèrèse searched for the source of voice everywhere. Her eyes widened as she looks around in relief. "Teresa?!"

Thèrèse searched for the source of the voice with her eyes, widening in relief when she saw it was Teresa. Her eyes widened further as she realized that she had found her, that she had been rescued.

"Thèrèse!" Teresa called back eagerly, her voice still weak but full of relief.

Thèrèse sobs out in relief when she saw Teresa at the end of the dark hallway. She immediately speeds up and ran towards the girl, hair falling back to the wind due to her speed.

Teresa saw Thèrese running towards her and felt tears of joy filling her eyes. She had thought no one would come for her and that she would remain trapped here.

It was a beautiful sight to see Thèrese's hair blowing in the wind as she ran towards her. She could see her beautiful smile and tears of relief on her face, and they were so beautiful, like she could not describe.

Thèrèse crushed Teresa in a bone-crushing embrace, almost knocking their breathing in process. "Where have you been?! What happened?!"

Teresa was completely blindsided by the bone-crushing hug, and her breath was almost knocked out of her as she was suddenly crushed into a tight embrace, she could barely breathe, and her body was crushed.

"It's okay. I've been okay." Teresa said, barely able to get the words out, but tried to stay calm despite her breathing being impacted. She was so glad to see Thèrèse.

"No! You got me worried to death! I thought, I lost you.. Teresa." Thèrèse exclaims frustratingly, before cooling off in sadness.

"I know, I know." Teresa said, calming down, realizing just how worried Thèrese was for her safety. She felt bad that she had left Thèrese so worried and that she had kept her in the dark for so long.