42. it's just thèrèse

In the city, walked Thèrèse, on her way to her meeting in the building. A couple feet away, stood Ava Paige, speaking to some people. She wondered where Teresa was, they both were assigned to attend the meeting together. After the thought, Teresa appeared from her left, walking side by side. Thèrèse didn't spare a glance, continued walking over to Ava Paige.

Ava turned her head as she caught sights of the two young girls, upon seeing them, she ended the conversation politely. "Chancellor," Thèrèse greeted, bowing slightly as respect. Teresa did the same.

Ava Paige gently pressed her hand on Thèrèse back, guiding her forward.
"Thèrèse, Teresa. Are you ready? Thèrèse, remember. Chins up, shoulders back and stand up tall. Walk gracefully and strongly, showed them what a strong example you are. Speak up with pride and confidential. Make your father proud." Ava stated sternly.

Stabling the pressure, Thèrèse breaths hitched, nodding as she speaks up. "Yes, Doctor."

Teresa noticed the slight tears starting to pool in Thèrèse eyes as her green eyes lingering on the ground. Teresa took her hand, wrapping it around hers, squeezing it slightly as a sign of a support. Thèrèse was grateful for her comfort and warmth, despite everything she did to her, Thèrèse' walls slowly began to stumbling down.

Thèrèse eyes remains on the ground, her face expressionless as she puts on her usual stoic face, breathing in and out before walking into the meeting room with Teresa's hand in hers.

-

It was now afternoon, and the meeting was now done. Thèrèse' presentation was pleasurable, and satisfied. Now, she stood in a room, Teresa began walking towards her, standing next to the girl while looking at the Cities infront of them.

Teresa snickers nervously, "You know, I really looks up to you. You can say, I'm an admirer, a fan. I watched the way you talked in your meetings, how confident you look and how clear and strong you sound. I want to be like you." Teresa smiled stupidly, but the whole time, Thèrèse just hold her expressionless face, didn't even try to gave her a look.

"Sounds like you're talking nonsense." Thèrèse said, unpleasant. "Do you know why you're talking nonsense? To hate you have to admit that you can't make it. That's why it's easier to love." Thèrèse spat, her words filled with venom.

"How can you know my feelings?" Teresa exclaims. "I.. really loved you so much, I'd did everything for you since the beginning." Tears started to pools in her eyes, Thèrèse having the same emotion.

"I'll show you the reason you came here, the reason you're only my admirer and your dream won't come true. So watch and learn well." Thèrèse deadpan, her fave twisted in hatred as she spat those words to Teresa.

"I'm trying everything I can. Can you just look at me? Look at me, Thèrèse! I'm your friend, why the sudden change of kind heart? I'm trying everything to have you looking at me! I'm trying everything I can to make us close friends again, bu- but, but you wouldn't let me." Teresa raised her voice, her tone breathy and cracky as a tear rolled down her eyes.

"You may like to pretend, but I don't. Something is wrong and you're hiding it from me. I don't know why you thought I wasn't going to notice. But, I see right through you."

Thèrèse chest's clenched, she had never felt such strong emotions passing through her body, almost like crushing her skulls.

"Let me in. You're the only family I have." Teresa breaths shakily, eyes tearing, waiting for Thèrèse to say something.

"I'm sorry. Everyone expected everything from me. I just, don't know what to do now. I've lost my mother, I've lost my girlhood, I've lost my home, I've lost my friends, I've lost their trust." With each words, she paused, tears stung behind her eyes.

"My father already lose me. I'm afraid I'll lose you too. I just don't know how to love anymore." She said pitilessly, sniffling.

To have someone holding her in their arms, listening to her or even just sit there and hold her. No need to talk or words, just actions of somebody to make her feel worthy of living.

"I didn't mean to make you feel unworthy, I'm sorry." Thèrèse continued. Teresa had no intention to speak, only listens to what she has to say. "I'm sorry I treated you wrong. I'm sorry that I acted like I'm the only one who's hurting." She added, shaking her head, sniffling.

Teresa could only stare at her friend silently, like she's staring at the stars. "Why are you apologising? Don't apologise, if it hurts you, it's not nothing."

"Can we talk then?" Thèrèse said politely, looking up at Teresa with her green eyes now covering in tears.