48. good ol' boys

Thèrèse knew that she had been treating Teresa badly. It's the way how she always turn her back towards Teresa.

Her words impacted on Teresa pretty harshly. But does she realised that? Of course she does, she just doesn't want to admit that she has slowly turning to become her father.

She would stay late up at night, thinking of the ways how she can get better. She has to be better, for Teresa, for Bea, for her mother.

Thèrèse' fingers are grazing over a book over the shelf, she was inspecting every novel book by its genre. Her eyes squinting, her mind is focused that she is too distracted to think of the real world. Thèrèse let out a low hum, realising she's been in the library for the past four hours.

She head her way towards the library door, pushing it out of her way. She began to roam over the building, searching for Teresa. It's been a long time and Thèrèse still haven't found her. "Where is she?" She mumbled lowly under her breath, looking around in distress, hoping to find a glimpse of her girl.

As she's about to turn on her heels, she started to remember that Teresa 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 stayed late in the lab, a little longer to look out for the patients. Thèrèse stops in her track upon remembering this little detail, amused by this, she slowly shake her head with a little smirk.

The black haired girl ran towards the stairs, clutching on her lab coat, her 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳'𝘴 lab coat. She chuckled on the way to meet Teresa, patiently and firmly, Thèrèse used her fist and knocked on Teresa's lab door, even though she knows that she could've just used her own key card.

"Come in!" Teresa called over the door, her tone sounded hurry or even unbothered. But Thèrèse knew that she was just focused on doing her work. She responded with a small 'okay' before swiping her card over the door, opening it.

Teresa moved her head, doing her work, "Thèrèse?" Teresa asked slowly, usually Thèrèse never visited her, and now she realised how bad she is as a friend.

"Hey," Thèrèse respond with a small wave as the door closed behind her. "What are you doing?" Teresa shift her body so she can look at Thèrèse better with her goggles still on. Thèrèse only made her way to Teresa, placing her hand on the table next to Teresa's project, "Nothing. Just came to check on ya, you've always been busy.." Thèrèse shrugs, looking up at Teresa as she watched the girl pulled her goggles up her forehead.

"You've been busy too.." Teresa said, before looking down at her project and continued her work. "I know. But now, I have time, more time to see you. And I want to check on you. Are you doing fine?" Thèrèse keeps her voice soft and steady, tilting her head as she waits for Teresa to respond.

Teresa perk her head up with a raising eyebrow. "Of course, I'm fine. What's up with you?" Teresa said, going back to focusing on her work. "I'm good.." Thèrèse respond shortly, nodding her head while staring down at Teresa, watching her doing her work.

They stand in silence, a comfortable silence. Teresa didn't think much at first, continued doing her work although she had a small suspicion in her mind. Thèrèse stared down at Teresa with a heavy heart, she can't believe she had been treating Teresa wrong. Her mind silently think of words on how to fix this situation. Their situation.

"I'm sorry." Thèrèse blurted out, shocking herself. Teresa lift her head up, moving so she can understand Thèrèse better. "Are you okay? You've been acting strange.." Teresa said, looking at the girl infront of her.

Thèrèse looks dumbfounded, her face flushed red. "I'm sorry about everything." Thèrèse said, her body moving forward, even she herself didn't know what she was thinking or saying.