10. faith or failed?

After Thèrèse' seizures, she have been more quiet and have been avoiding every one else. Including Bea. And not to mention, Winston's condition is getting worse, puking more liquid, and the vines of virus already flaring up to his mind.

They were now facing a harsh winds of tornado. Everybody preparing to cover their faces, "Here, I have an extra for you." Vicky hands Nancy a cloth of bandanna, for the girl to wrap it around her face. "Thanks." Nancy smiled.

Bea came around the corner, sticking next to Vicky, holding her palms out. "Where's mine?" She asks. "I don't have any left." Vicky shrugs, which makes Nancy chuckles. Bea frowns and shot Nancy a side look.

"Here, you can have mine." Thèrèse said, holding up her brownish cloth of shawl. Bea takes it and gave Thèrèse a bright and wide smiled. She gave her a tight hug, before sticking her tongue out at Vicky. Vicky smirks and returns it.

Later, they found a shelter to rest again, after hours and hours to the mountains. They all are already exhausted. Minho and Frypan were sitting by one of the rocks. Newt was leaning on the big pillar, while Nancy sits by Minho. Thèrèse was sitting alone, preferred it to be that way. Bea keeps throwing Thèrèse glances, but as usual, she ignored her.

Aris and Vicky were leaning on eachother, a habit both of them have been doing for these past days and months. It's obvious that Aris was looking up to be like Vicky. Tough, Loyal and Brave. Aris looks up to Vicky as his big sister so much it's unreal. And Vicky always feel the need to protect the boy. Seeing the boy as her little brother, she likes the idea of having a sibling.

Thomas was far away to the edge of the dunes, looking forward to the mountains ahead as Teresa leaves to go to him.

Nancy who was resting her legs, admired the both of them from afar, before asking a question, "Are they a.. thing?"

"No, why?" Newt replied, looking back at the girl. Nancy squinted her eyes at him, then back at Thomas and Teresa again, "Just asking."

Newt and Minho exchange glances before shrugs at eachother. Minho stands up and goes over to Thèrèse, handing her his bottle of water. "Here, you need this more than I do.." Minho offers to the girl. Thèrèse smiled shortly and accept his water. (drinking it waterfall)

Bea came into the view, sitting next to Nancy. The girl sigh tiredly and rests her head on the blond's shoulder. "Hey," Nancy whispers softly. "Hey." Bea nodded back.

"What is wrong?" Nancy asks, softly, brushing Bea's hair out of her face. Turning the girl around, she started to braid Bea's hair, something she always knows from the day she came up in the maze. She would sometimes figured maybe it's something she learns from the past and it was stuck with her?

"Nothing is wrong, I'm fine." Bea grumbled, moving around. "Ssh, stop fussing! I'm just braiding your hair." Nancy scolded her softly.

A few seconds after Nancy was done, Bea smiles shortly at her. "No!" A yelled was heard before a gun shot explodes from besides them. They looked to the side to see that Winston has grab one of Nancy's gun. Trying to shot himself in the head, luckily Aris was there to smack the gun away. Hurriedly, the group huddled together, even Thèrèse who was now moves next to Newt, looking down at the boy, concerns filled her face. By now, they all were surrounding Winston from feets away, (Aris calling Teresa and Thomas)

"Aris, what happened?" Thomas asks, once he reaches the group. "I don't know, he was just awake then he took the gun." Aris said, sounded panicking as Winston puke more liquids and lay on his back. Vicky patted the boy' arm for comforts.

"Winston.." Thomas whispers, horrified looks from everyone as they looked at what Winston shows them next, his stomach, "It's growing inside of me.."

Bea's chin quivers and look away, couldn't bear to take a look at the boy. "I'm not gonna make it." Vicky purses her lip and shake her head to the side, realising she had failed one of her friends. "Please, don't let me turn into one of them." Winston pleaded weakly, reaching his arm out at Vicky, who was holding the gun.

Vicky blinks at the group, unsure of the decision. Newt clench his jaw and nodded, Vicky hesitate, glancing back at Winston, then the guys and the girls. She hold back her tears and look away, handing Newt the gun, hearing Nancy's faint voice calling his name.

Newt kneeled down in front of Winston, placing the gun in his hand. Vicky moves away with tears slip down her eyes, she stands next to Bea, comforting the girl.

Bea and Vicky always had this kind of relationship of an older sister and the younger sister type of relationship. They would often fight a lot but deep down, they do care for eachother, they love eachother so much, they just have a hidden way of showing it.

The both of them heard Winston says, "Thank you. Now get out of here. Go." He weakly said.

Newt nodded, standing up slowly and moves to get his stuff. Aris was the first to move, followed by Thèrèse and Newt. Frypan and Teresa.. and Minho.

Soon, Bea and Vicky leaves too, sparing a sad glance towards the boy, who just smiled proudly at both girls. "You can do this! Vicky! Take care of them for me!" Winston exclaims proudly, weakly throwing his fist up, showing it as a victory for the girl.

It was the last straw for the girl as she began to cry and nodded, trying her best to smile. Like I said, Vicky wasn't the type of person to showed her emotions, so crying like this really broke her bottle.

Bea nodded proudly and the girl and took her arm, leaving the shelter with Vicky. Exchange glances between Nancy and Thomas, Bea continued to leave with Vicky next to her.

As Thomas and Nancy were the last ones, Nancy gave Thomas a side look before looks at Winston, him smiling at her too. "Take care of Thomas for me, yeah? Make sure he doesn't throw himself into trouble." He tried to laugh but ends up violently coughs.

Nancy nodded, also now crying as she began to pack her stuff. Thomas started to follow her, packing their stuff, Thomas take a last look at Winston, then at Nancy, who has been waiting for him.

Nancy nodded, "Let's go." She mouths at him, Thomas obeyed her and they started walking together. Her hand' on his lower back, guiding him forward.

The group are now ahead of the two. Eventually, a gunshot explode through the area, knowing what that means. Winston is gone. Their brother is gone.

Frypan started to sob as Newt wrapped his arm around him, both starting to cry. Soon, Minho, Teresa, Aris, Thèrèse, Vicky, Bea, Nancy and Thomas started to join in. Making them all cuddling into a group hug, comforting eachother the best as they could. Sobs and cries could be hear within each other.