Chapter 62: final dabate

------------✧♡✧-------------

[Sunghoon P.O.V]

I had already been waiting on the couch for a few hours. The oppressive feeling tormented me and I was desperate to talk to Hyeona about what had happened.

To pass the time, I played playstation as usual. It also helped me to suppress my negativity and put it aside for a while.

But when after another 20 minutes, at 9 o'clock in the evening, I heard the jingling of a key and laughter from outside, my position stiffened.

The door opened a short time later and the conversations became audible. Heeseung and my sister came back from whatever they had been doing. I finally had the chance.

"Uhm, hey.". I paused my game and got up from the couch. The laughter stopped and four eyes stared at me intently.

Hyeona's mood seemed to have deteriorated instantly, because her grin from a few seconds ago had suddenly turned into the opposite.

"What?". She asked dryly.

I rubbed my nape when I made eye contact with the elder one. "Can we talk for a few minutes.".

Hyeona turned around to face Heeseung and he nodded towards me. "It's okay, go.".

"Actually.", I started and Heeseung stopped in his tracks. "I want to talk to both of you.". There was no way to hide the surprise on Hyeona's face. Nevertheless, she agreed to the conversation.

As the two of them sat down expectantly on the couch, an unusual nervousness spread. A trait that I didn't often display. But due to the fact that I was in the wrong and behaved like the biggest asshole towards the two of them, it couldn't be turned off this time.

Hyeona brushed her jacket off her shoulders. "So, what is it?".

I turned my attention from the TV, which was still playing the background music of my interrupted game, back to the two of them.

"I've been thinking a lot about my behavior today and...I'm sorry.". I got straight to the point. "I cannot undo what has happened. The things I did and my behavior.... I guess I was driven by my anger and...ah shit. Actually, it has a lot more to do with the fact that I didn't know about you two and you kept it a secret from me than that it bothers me that you two are dating.".

"But what should I say. I can understand that you guys decided to keep it to yourself, because of what happened on the court and stuff like that. I don't know what's wrong with me. What I said was anything but okay. I could have reacted...differently. But I always choose the easiest way, and that's a...yeah it's was wrong.".

My eyes flicked up at my sister. „I've tried to protect you my whole life, but I realized I'm not in the position to do it anymore. You should do the stuff you want with who you want. I will no longer stand in your way, or yours, from today onwards.". I finished my speech with lips pressed together.

When I glanced over at Heeseung, he looked as if he was trying with all his might to suppress a laugh. And this was confirmed just a second later when a short gasp escaped from his mouth.

Hyeona scolded him with a stern gaze, before she turned back to me.

„I'm sorry. Seriously.". I added.

My sister cleared her throat before speaking. „I know you always acted like that because you didn't want the same thing to happen to us as mom. And it sounds weird, but I can understand why you did some things the way you did. Maybe it runs in the family.", she chuckled.

„Heeseung and I are not innocent either. It was a stupid choice to just let it flow like this. It was foreseeable that the end would be a complete shit show."

„I just want you to know that only because Hee and I are dating, nothing has to change in your friendship. I'm not going to hang out with your group of friends and I will leave you a lot of spare time with the boys.". She added.

„But you too, bro!", Hee suddenly spoke up. „If I wanna spend time with her.".

„Let's...not talk about this.", I quickly changed the topic.

„We need to work together and communicate to make it work, okay? Without jealousy and violence!".

„Got it.", I nodded and addressed my best friend again. „But if you ever hurt her. I will beat you up. Without a blink.". I warned him.

Heeseung shook his head. „There's no way I'm gonna let this happen.". He smiled at Hyeona and reached around her waist. She giggled and smiled back, flushing red.".

„Okay, this is super weird.", I grimaced in disgust. „Please have mercy on me for doing stuff like that in my presence. - at least not yet.".

The room was filled with laughter.

I almost stopped believing that the whole thing would have a good ending.

***

[Hyeona P.O.V]

„Tell me where we are going.", I squealed and stomped my feet on the ground of the passenger side.

But Heeseung just ignored me with a grin. „You'll see soon enough.", He paused a moment. „It's nothing big. I just thought it would be nice to do it again after it more or less went wrong last time.".

The longer we drove, the more I wanted to open my eyes. But he told me to keep them closed until we arrived.

For a while, I thought to know where we are hiding. But somewhen I lost track of the way. The road was bumpy for the last few meters. Almost as if we were driving over potholes or gravel, but it made too little noise for that.

His car suddenly came to an abrupt stop and he got out. "Keep your eyes closed until I say something!". Cold winter air flowed into the vehicle and I clasped my upper body protectively with my hands.

A few minutes, nothing happened, until the door on the passenger side opened. "Take me hand, but don't look.", Heeseung said and I stepped out with his help.

I noticed him walking around me and his fingers reached around my waist. "Be careful, the ground might be slippery!". He guided me a short distance in a semicircle. Until we stopped walking.

"Open up"

I opened my eyes eagerly and what I saw was almost too good to be true. We found ourselves at a small lake that was frozen over due to the icy temperatures. On the shore was a stone circle with wood, which was probably intended for a campfire. Next to it was a thick blanket on which a winter picnic had been laid out. Everything was in the Christmas spirit. Gingerbread, mulled wine and speculoos.

"I booked a hotel with a spa area for two nights. So that we can warm up later.", he kissed my cheek from behind. "And skating without interruption today.".

"You are actually crazy!", I gasped and turned around. "When did you prepare all this?".

He rolled his eyes pensively. "This morning. Yesterday evening...I just thought that would be a good idea after all the fuss of the last few days.".

With a smile, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. "I love this.".

Heeseung lifted my chin with his hand and kissed me softly. "I love you.".

Hearing this words, made my heart beat faster and my cheeks flushed red. "I love you, too.".

THE END

------------✧♡✧-------------