Chapter 37: he's a liar?

------------✧♡✧-------------

God what's wrong with me? Why did I suddenly feel so fuzzy? It clearly had to come from the all the alcohol I head before.

"Can we maybe go back to the party? I'm not feeling that well," I tried to somehow save myself from the situation in embarrassment.

„Yes, of course. I can head you home as well.", he offered, but I declined.

„I think I just need a sip of water.".

We walked back to the party, where hardly anything had changed. Even from a distance, I could see Kathy and Rebecca, who were obviously looking for me.

"And how did it go?" my friend called to me from afar.

Although I understood her well, I didn't answer until I was standing right in front of her. "I broke up.",

Kathy widened her eyes and almost choked on her drink. "Seriously? I didn't think you'd really go through with it.".

"I told him, I need a break.".

„And your today's pick-up is Conrad Miller?", Rebecca glared at the tanned boy behind me.

„Today's what?", he repeated, confused.

I shook my head. „He just happened to pass by.". I explained. „And helped me find a towel.".

„For sure." Becca smirked and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. „Kathy, just so you know. I'm not feeling so well so I'm heading home now.".

„Should we come along?". She asked.

„No, I'm gonna go on my own.". I said and both girls nodded. I turned around to face Conrad. „And thank you for the towel.". I reached around my neck and handed it back.

„By any chance, would you give me your number?", he suddenly asked, which blew my mind. „Like maybe we can arrange some surfing lessons?".

A little off track, I took his cell phone, which he held out to me, and I absent-minded tipped in the different numbers. „Here you are.".

„Thanks! And see you.", they waved after me, when I left the beach party, still a little confused about what happened the last 30 minutes.

***

2 months later:

By now the hot, nerve-wracking and also fun summer months were over, December was upon us with its snow, freezing cold and of course Christmas at the doorstep of North America.

Not much had changed in my life. I was still sleeping in Kathy's guest room, jobbing at the movies on weekends, and spending most of my free time alone.

The only difference was that I had recently graduated and Jungwon had made it his business to squeeze me on a daily basis when I would come back.

The problem was, I didn't know.

Currently, my life was going like clockwork. A secure job, many friends, and for a few weeks I had been meeting Conrad regularly - on friendship base of course.

If I went back now, I would have no idea what to do with my life.

In two weeks it was my brother's 21st birthday , and I was toying with the idea of going home for a few weeks to visit. After all, it would fit perfectly with the semester break in Korea, which had started about a week ago.

„Hyeona, did the mailman drop off my package this morning?" called Kathy to me from her room.

"I put it next to the sofa. This fucking thing was heavy as fuck.", I replied, stressed as I placed my shoe on the chair and tied it. Just for your information, she ordered a new television, because her old one broke down during a game of bier pong in her living room, because one of the guests had fallen backwards on it.