Chapter 14: can I come along ?

------------✧♡✧-------------

In the meantime, I got up from the floor by
myself. "I really don't know what's your problem. If you're trying to protect me, it's not working like this. What the fuck happened to you during the time I was gone? You honestly aren't my brother anymore...".

I turned and left the field towards the exit, where Jungwon was casually chatting to Riki. They interrupted their conversation, as they noticed me coming closer.

"Can we please leave, Jungwon?". I asked the older one, who seemed surprised.

Riki pointed at my sore wrist in surprise. "Hey. Is everything okay?".

I quickly hid it behind my back and nodded. "Yeah sure. I just bumped against the barricade.".

After the two boys said goodbye to each other, Jungwon and I left the campus together.

"Um, Wonie?".

"Hmm"

"Would it be possible for me to stay with you for a few days?", I asked cautiously.

"Did something happen?" he stopped in his tracks.

But I just quickly shook my head. "I just need to get out of Sunghoon's way. I can't stand his behavior anymore.".

"For Sure!", he quickly agreed. "I'll have to ask my mom first, but I'm sure it won't be a problem.".

***

So it happened as it was planned. I moved in with Jungwon and his parents for about a week. His parents, of course, had nothing against it, because I was already almost part of the family.

However, his mom had told my mom about my bruises, which she had noticed. So I had no choice but to tell the truth, which led to my mother having a serious talk with Sunghoon. I dare to doubt, however, that this had any effect at all.

The second night, Jungwon and I chilled together in his bed. I watched my feet dangling up on the wall while my head rested on his lap. Don't think anything weird, though! That's a common state between us.

"Your birthday is in two weeks. My gift will blow your mind.", the redhead proudly flaunted.

"I don't need a gift. I just want to spend as much time with you as possible.", I looked at him from below and couldn't help but laugh when I saw his cute face upside down.

"You are so clingy. It's not like we're never going to see each other again.".

My feet flopped off the wall and I rolled onto my stomach. "What are you planning to do tomorrow, by the way?"

Jungwon shifted in his place, because I was obviously almost crushing his torso. "I will meet up with Jay, why?".

"Jay?". I propped myself up on my forearms. "Since when are you that close to him? He teases you in almost every sentence he speaks.".

"He isn't teasing me?".

"He calls you match...". I glared at my friend with my are you kidding me face.

"Shut the fuck up.". Jungwon tired to push me away, but I clung around his belly to prevent him from doing so. Almost choking with laughter, I stuck to him like a glue stick. "I'm not going to leave you. I'm gonna stay like this the whole night.".

A satisfied grin washed over my face when he stopped fidgeting and seemed to surrender. But the next thing I knew was, that he yeeted me over his body and my ass suddenly hit the hard floor. In puzzlement, I glanced up at his bed where he lay with a smirk and turned away from me.