𝟎𝟏𝟔: 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟.

"I bet these memories,
follow you around."

[POV: Nova]

[POV: Nova]

AS THE CAR APPROACHED THE HOME WHERE Steven's graduation party was happening, a knot tightened in my stomach, radiating nervousness throughout my body. The mere thought of seeing him again after our painful breakup sent a wave of uncertainty crashing over me. How would he react? Would the wounds still feel fresh for both of us?

Glancing away from the window, I looked at the passenger seats and caught a glimpse of Ethan and Pearl, I was still shocked over how long they have been there for me throughout all of this.

Their presence in that moment was a balm to my anxious soul, reassuring me that I wouldn't have to face this encounter alone. Their smiles offered unwavering support, a quiet understanding that provided comfort amidst the swirling emotions within me.

Ethan, with his calming presence, reached out a hand and gently squeezed mine.

Ethan: "You got this, Nova. We're here for you, every step of the way." -he said, his voice filled with assurance.

I smiled back at the boy and stared at Pearl who was now looking at me, her reassuring gaze filled with empathy, chiming in.

Pearl: "Remember, Nova. You're stronger than you think. And no matter what happens tonight, we'll be right beside you."

Their words cascaded over me like a warm embrace, giving me the courage to face the uncertainties that lay ahead. Though my heart still fluttered with trepidation, I found solace in the unwavering support of my friends. Their unwavering belief in me and their willingness to stand by my side gave me the confidence to brave the storm of emotions awaiting me at the party.

Nova: "Thank you guys, you are both truly the best."

Pearl: "Of course, we are always going to be here for you." -she mentioned, flashing at smile at Ethan and then to me,

As the car came to a stop, I took a deep breath, reminding myself that this encounter was an opportunity for closure, for healing. I knew that seeing Steven again would be challenging, but with the presence of Ethan and Pearl, I felt a renewed sense of strength.

I headed out of the car quickly and was startled by the sound of music already playing. It came from the back part of the home, I didn't knew who the house belonged to but it was totally not Taylor or Laurel's home.

My eyes darted to the window of Ethan's car and then I started to carefully look at my outfit. I decided to wear the short black jumpsuit I had found on mom's drawers. A tall ponytail accompanying the look, and lastly, some black high heel boots to top it off.