𝟎𝟏𝟐: 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤.

"And maybe in some masochistic way,
I kinda find it all exciting."

SUNSHINE, a word that for an odd reason brings comfort to me by just hearing it being mentioned in any sentence

SUNSHINE, a word that for an odd reason brings comfort to me by just hearing it being mentioned in any sentence. It's sort of something that just brings happiness into my mind.

That's been one of my many nicknames in life, cause surprisingly a quiet girl could bring happiness to a lot of people. My family says I bring peace into a room, this ever since I was a little kid that barely talked to anyone as everyone already knows.

Susannah Fisher, she's my sunshine...the woman who brings joy and piece every time I get one simple smile from her. She on the other hand...she considered me her star girl, why? I've never known, but that nickname from her became so normal to hear that I believe it.

I woke up to the sound of her voice calling out to me while she opened my room's blinds, allowing the famous sunlight inside of my room. My eyes opened slowly to meet with those beautiful ocean eyes and that bright smile that never liked fading away in front of her special people.

Susannah: "Hi, my beautiful star girl."

I smiled faintly by her gentle tone, stretching my hands towards her that were quickly grabbed. She then lifted me up slowly, soon after beginning to caress my cheek.

Nova: "Good morning." -I mumbled, covering my mouth as I started to let out a yawn.

She was now looking at me with that saddened expression she sometimes does when she worries for one of us.

Nova: "What?" -I asked, already suspecting where our conversation was going.

Susannah: "I heard what happened with, Steven."

I nodded in agreement with her, looking aside to try and avoid the tears that were tempting to blur my sight.

Nova: "Doesn't matter right now, Mom."

Susannah: "It does, hun. I don't understand why  Steven, would do such a thing? He has always hoped the best for you."

Nova: "Well, we're no longer little kids. We're getting older and beginning to do stupid mistakes." -I mentioned while letting out a sigh in the process.

Susannah: "Are you sure that you saw everything correctly?"

I glanced over to her with a bewildered expression, feeling my head tilt slightly by her question.

Nova: "Are you believing him instead of me?"

Susannah: "Honey, it's not that! It's just that Ethan, told me you drank a lot yesterday. Didn't we make a promise recently about that?"

Nova: "I'm sorry, Mom." -I whispered, quickly getting embraced by her.

She rested her hand on top of my head, rubbing my hair in the process of comfort.