𝟎𝟎𝟏: 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐞𝐰.

"I know that something has changed."

LIFE IN COUSINS BEACH, ALWAYS FELT MAGICAL

LIFE IN COUSINS BEACH, ALWAYS FELT MAGICAL. My friend Isabel, has always told me that before and I can't help but agree with her. People just seem happy and no worries seemed to ruin their summer, they love this place just like my family loves it.

Thanks to this small town, I was able to meet many incredible people. My second family, my best friend and my boyfriend. They are everything to me, they were my missing puzzle piece.

Summer had arrived and it felt really different, I felt like I needed to change and have this new personality. My whole life I was told by my siblings I didn't had friends because I was quiet and would always stay home. Which, I agree unfortunately. I didn't really like going out, not even with them.

But now it was time to change, and I did. I had friends, I had a boyfriend, and I was going out more. I was told I looked and acted like a whole different person, I didn't know what to say. I didn't know if it felt flattering being told that I got prettier and smarter, why was that the only thing they noticed?

Nova: "Conrad! Have you seen my backpack anywhere? I need to unpack before the Conklin's get here." -I asked, peeking through the small bedroom owned by my brother.

He only glanced back, instantly forming this evil grin on his face. My eyes only closed shut after realizing where this was going, making me sigh already annoyed.

Nova: "Please don't tell me you hid it once again around the beach?"

Conrad: "I did. Jeremiah, helped me out this time...finally." -he replied, approaching me to brush my hair aggressively.

Nova: "Assholes."

I then walked off hearing his rapid footsteps behind me, followed by a devilish laugh coming from him. He continued to follow me downstairs as I searched for our Mom, wishing to find her quicker.

Conrad: "What? You already want to rat me out?"

I glared at him quickly, making him laugh as we arrived downstairs. We looked around the house, spotting our Mom, on the kitchen as she cleaned a flower pot.

Nova: "Mom, guess what your dear son decided to do to me."

Susannah: "Conrad...what did you do?" -she asked, not even looking back.

Mom, was already used to all the pranks and arguments we had almost every single day. She didn't even need to turn around to know who had done something already, this was a prank that repeated each summer.

Conrad: "You already know, Mom."

Susannah: "That's right, and I thought I told you to drop that prank."

Nova: "Thank you, I mean...it's too much." -I said, grinning my eyes towards, Conrad.

Conrad: "How is it too much? It's just like playing hide and seek."