𝟎𝟎𝟖: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫?

I don't know how to feel,
but I wanna try.

I don't know how to feel, but I wanna try

Adam: "Hi, hun...how are you feeling?"

I turned around to look over to my room's entrance, seeing Dad, holding onto a bowl that I supposed had fruits. He walked over to my bed, placing the plate down so I could take a look inside.

Nova: "I-I'm better...thanks." -I replied, eating from the fruits I knew rested inside.

Adam: "I haven't told your Mom, anything. But she suspects something's up with you cause you weren't outside."

Nova: "I'll go in a bit."

Adam: "Honey, the party's over already. Susannah, had an incident and a fight sort of happened."

Nova: "What?" -I quickly asked, looking up to Dad, who nodded slowly.

He seemed to know perfectly what happened, I knew it probably had something to do with him. And for the party to be canceled, it must've been really bad.

Nova: "Is Mom, okay?"

Adam: "Yeah she's fine, I think she's talking with Laurel, on her room."

Nova: "I'm gonna go check up on her." -I said, standing up from my bed but quickly getting stopped.

Adam: "No, you need to rest. Please just leave Laurel and Mom, figure this out together. They'll explain everything to you tomorrow."

Nova: "No, I need to see wha-"

Adam: "Nova, please?" -he murmured, staring at me with pleading eyes.

I nodded defeatedly, sitting down once again to feel Dad, still staring at me. He was trying to find a way to bring up our last conversation, I knew it over the way he seemed to be nervous or awkward around me.

Nova: "Dad, I'm not mad at you if that's what you're thinking." -I lied, biting a chunk of a strawberry aggressively.

A shaky sigh left his mouth, making me glance up to him.

Adam: "Okay...then what's going on?"

Nova: "I'm just disappointed over what you did." -I spoke, putting on a hoodie that rested on top of my bed.

Adam: "That's worse than being angry."

Nova: "I know, but I can't help feeling that way."

Adam: "I'm sorry, Nova. I really am, I don't think I can ever forgive myself for what I did to this family."

Nova: "You shouldn't be apologizing to me, you should be apologizing to Mom, Conrad and Jeremiah." -I whispered, standing up from my bed.

Adam: "You all deserve an apology."

We both stared at each other silently, seconds continuing to pass without us moving or talking. He nodded a couple of times, proceeding to walk towards my room's exit.