How do you know that?

Start from the beginning

I closed my eyes and sighed. "That's fair.."

"How's the pain?"

"Manageable."

"So on the normal scale it hurts and you could use some more painkillers."

"I don't want anything else. I don't like how it makes me feel."

"Is that why you decided not to take your prescriptions?" My Father asked.

I looked at him and he walked over, setting four full bottles on the little table. "How did you know about that?"

"I filled the prescriptions two months ago and you didn't come for a refill, and I had to do a tox screen so I could know what painkillers I could give you and not a single prescription was in your bloodstream." Margo answered, her eyes were on my monitor and she was taking notes in my chart.

I looked away from my Father to the bottles to the bed. " I just didn't want them. I was fine and they weren't needed."

"I hear that a lot... Both you and your Dad keep saying you're fine and that you don't need your medications yet you both relapsed and I'm just finding out about yours. You can't pick and choose when you want to take the meds. You are more human than werewolf, which is why your healing is so slow compared to normal Alphas. You AND your father are to take everything you are prescribed and that's that." He flashed a hard look at my Dad.

I could see Mason's eyebrows furrow and I squirmed.

"I don't need them. I'm managing just fine without it."

"Really? All of the diagnoses that Tara gave you proves otherwise. You attacking Mason that first day home proves otherwise. You're taking them, you are staying on bed rest until you are cleared to get up and I don't want to hear another word about it."

My eyes flashed to my Dad. "You fucking promised."

"I didn't tell him. I swear."

"No, But you should have." My Father snapped.

"Don't fucking snap at him."

"I will. You both lied and hid things from me." He started opening the bottles. "You are going to take the meds and get some food and rest."

He took out the four pills I was supposed to take and tried to hand them to me. I looked away from him and wouldn't let go of Mason's hand. He sighed and held his hand out for the pills before he turned back to me.

"Can we have a few minutes alone?" He asked.

Everyone nodded and started to leave. My Dad stopped by the door.

"Is there anything in particular you want to eat?"

"Something easy I can eat left handed."

"Okay. I'm sorry. Margo didn't know he wasn't aware. I didn't know you lied about taking them."

"I know. I'm sorry you're getting the blowback."

"I can handle your Father."

He left the room and left me with a quiet Mason who had been reading the bottles that were left by my Father. No doubt all of this was done on purpose as I never would have willingly told him.

"Mase?"

"I'm not mad. Can you take these and then we can talk about what they're for?"

I sighed and released his hand, letting him set the pills in them. He raised the bed slightly so I was sitting up. I popped them in my mouth and he held the straw up to my mouth. I took the water and swallowed the pills. He set the water cup down on the table and moved his chair closer.