Say Hello to the Sun and the Stars For Me

Pretty heavy chapter coming up. A bit of gore (though that should be expected by now) and some deep feelings. Don't read if you're not comfortable.

PERCY GLANCED BEHIND HIM, where the broken bodies of arai and a thick layer of golden monster dust lay. Bob had saved his life. The least he could do would be to pay him back.

He drew his unbalanced, somewhat dull sword made of bone and rushed off after Bob.

——This time skip is sponsored by Chronus, as Kronos is currently deceased and unable to do so——

He stared wide eyed at the fight taking place before him. The titans and giants and Bob, all slashing and dodging and stabbing.

Percy wanted to help Bob, who was managing to hold his own, but still losing by a landslide. However, he couldn't find an opportunity to slip in. With the speed that they were trading blows, he would either accidentally hurt Bob or be decapitated instantly. Most likely the former.

"Bob! Bob, no! Come back!!!" Percy screamed, hoping against hope that Bob would listen.

He turned around, eyes wide.

"Bob told you to stay! It is not safe for you here! Go!" He bellowed.

"No!!" Percy exclaimed.

Bob whirled around, sinking his spearhead deep into Hyperion's arm in a small chink in the titan's golden armour.

In the chaos, Polybotes took a swipe at Percy. He stumbled backwards, narrowly avoiding getting impaled. As  it was, the giant's trident still grazed his shoulder, drawing a thin line of blood.

"Percy!!" Bob cried out suddenly.

Percy turned his head so fast he accidentally cracked his neck.

Without a split second to spare, he ducked as the javelin sailed over his head, so close it rustled his hair.

He glanced up to see Bob fiercely battling Alcyoneus (spelling??). Despite putting up a good fight, he was clearly losing, especially since he was still weaponless with his spear still sticking out of Hyperion's unconscious body, as Bob had been unable to retrieve it in time.

He gasped in fear and shock when he saw Krios approach Bob from behind, sword raised. Too late, Percy shouted a warning. Bob fell to his knees and cried in surprise and agony as the lord of the south's dark sword impaled him straight through his unprotected stomach.

Percy collapsed as his friend dissolved into golden dust, so like the monsters Bob was anything but. He heard screaming, terrible, heartbroken screaming. It took a second before he registered that it was coming from him.

In the distance, he vaguely heard horrific shrieks of anguish. He didn't care.

Bob was dead, and like so many other horrific tragedies, it was all his fault. If Percy hasn't intervened, if he hadn't been in the way, Bob might just have survived.

Tear tracks running down his face, Percy looked up from the grimy Tartarus ground. He had expected to be surrounded by titans and giants, all with their weapons pointed straight at him, but to his surprise, and that was left on the former battlefield were a few stains of golden Ichor and a pile of sand where Bob had last been.

His brain working slowly, still in shock from what had happened, he realized what must have occurred.

Percy had registered his powers spike as Bob had dissolved. At the time, it didn't seem important, but it had seemed he had unconsciously lashed out and destroyed Bob's killers with their own blood... or Ichor. Whatever. It didn't matter.

Nothing mattered in the face of Bob's death. Too many of Percy's friends, his family, had died on his behalf. This was the last straw.

Perseus Jackson swore on the River Styx that from that moment on, he would do everything in his power to protect those close to him, no matter what it cost.

~🌊