17

"You are so beautiful," he whispers, stealing another peck

I believe him. For the first time in a long time; I feel pretty.

I smile shyly. When I thought of my future husband, I always imagined being with a human man that's as frail and fearful as me. I never dreamt of a dragon unless it was a nightmare.

Now I have Drakkon. My powerful dragon that makes me feel so very feminine under his intense, hungry gaze.

We pull away from each other and stare out the window. I sit on the ground and hug my knees to my chest. Drakkon sits beside me. After a minute, he reaches for my hips and drags me so I'm sitting between his spread legs.

I chuckle and lean into his chest. We stare at the sky together until I nod off. Later, I stir awake when I feel my body get lifted.

"Drakkon?" I ask, blinking at the darkness. I know it's him, though, because I've learned what his embrace feels like.

"Sleep, Lucky." He lays me down, and I grasp his forearm.

"Stay with me."

He doesn't hesitate. My greedy dragon slides behind me and pulls me close, wrapping an arm around my waist. My bottom is flush against his groin. Within a minute, he becomes harder than a diamond. I know he's not trying to intimidate me, but I can't help but tense. The only contact I've had with men is to slap their wondering hands away. Now I have the epitome of masculinity against me, so sexy and strong, silently offering me pleasure beyond my wildest dreams.

I bite my lip and shut my eyes tight, trying to become smaller.

What would happen if I turned in his arms and my groin was against his? The hand he has around my waist would end up touching my ass. Would he get harder?

I don't have it in me to find out. I'm brave in the streets, but not in the sheets.

For the rest of the night, I stay still, but can't control my rogue heartbeat. Drakkon thrills me. I've never felt like this for a man, but I will not run away from my feelings anymore. As fucked up as our situation is, I care for him.

I touch my scarred wrist, which was covered by my long sleeve. It's time for a new beginning.

After an hour of playing dead in his arms and wondering if his erection will ever go away, I fall asleep.

Gentle kisses awaken me. I open my eyes and find Drakkon hovering over me. He looks unreal with the sun glistening against his bare chest. I have to remind myself to not stare.

I smile. "Good morning."

I wouldn't mind waking up to this every day.

"Good day," he replies and kisses my forehead one last time. "Are you hungry?"

"Yes."

We invite Jexis to eat breakfast with us. We all enjoy breakfast in silence. It's peaceful.

"So." Jexis clears his throat and intertwines his hands. "It has been a few days. Tell me if you have settled in well."