I glared at her before I made my way over to Apollo, Jackson, who had made his way over, and Mason. I set my plate on the table before I turned to Apollo.

"I heard some congratulations are in order."

He smiled. "I don't have to leave and Jackson's already my best friend." He shrugged.

"I'm happy for you."

He launched himself at me and I winced as I had to try to catch myself, I could see Mason try to hide his smirk in his glass. I flicked him off before I hugged Apollo back.

"Alright, now that everyone is here let's all sit." My Dad said.

Everyone took their seats. My chair next to Mason was left open and I narrowed my eyes at him as he stared at me, nothing but mischief in his eyes.

"Come on, You need to eat, too, Theo. Sit down." My eyes shifted to my Dads and he finally noticed that Penny was serious about the hickies. Realization dawned in his eyes.

I cleared my throat and scratched the back of my neck.. "Uh, You know, I uhm... I have so much paperwork to catch up on..."

Penny, who sat next to her mate and my actual cousin, Devyn, narrowed her eyes. "Didn't you just come from your office?"

I glanced at the ceiling. "Yeah. Yup. I did. Uhm... But you know I was out of commission for a week. So uhm lots to catch up on."

"You're a terrible liar." She said,

I screwed my face up and nodded. "That's fair."

"Just sit down."

I swallowed and blinked rapidly as I tried to make myself breathe. I wasn't ashamed about having mated but I also didn't want to flaunt it in front of my family. I brought my hands up to my head but before I could even make the first hit, Mason was holding them and pulled them away.

"Breathe."

"Can't"

"You can. In through your nose. Come on, Sweetheart."

I jerked my arms and shook my head.

"Now. Stop fighting it."

I finally sucked in a very shaky breath before I felt like I struggled with the second one too. Mason's thumbs stroked my wrists and drew my attention, making each breath come just that much easier.

"Shit. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make that happen."

"I'm fine." I choked out.

I pulled my left wrist away from him and rubbed my chest where my wound had been.

"Does it hurt?"

I debated telling him the truth. "My lungs hurt."

I closed my eyes and my face stayed screwed up in pain.

"Hey... It doesn't normally do this after an episode."

"First one since the surgery."

"I want to get you checked out. Something's wrong."

"I just... Know I'm breathing but it hurts and feels like I can't get air at the same time."

I started to feel dizzy and before I could voice that I collapsed. Mason caught me as best as he could while everyone else started yelling. I was laid flat on my back and soon enough Margo was running over with her medical bag. She pulled her stethoscope out and quickly listened to my lungs before looking at Mason.

"His breathing spell collapsed his lung. I have to do a chest tube here, he won't make it back to the wing."

Mason nodded. "Do it." He grabbed my left hand.