47. My sister died

I'll edit the mistakes later, please bare with it.
~~~

"You don't realise someone's value in your life until that person is far gone"

Dia remained frozen with her hands still in the mid-air which she extended for Riya to hold. Her face went blank in horror with her mouth left open while her eyes were wide open. Her brown orbs were staring at the empty space where a few seconds ago her sister was standing. Tears streamed through her eyes as she recalled Riya apologising for the last time to her in a barely audible voice before falling down. The clip of that scene was running in her head continuously like a broken CD. Everything was so quick that she couldn't get herself to process and accept it. She couldn't get herself to understand what happened, how and why.

A conflict was going on in her mind arguing with her own self as she rewinds the time remembering how she pleaded to her softly, was guilty for her cause and happy at the same time to find her alive.

Her eyes weren't lying and her heart could feel it. Her eyes peeked into her soul at that time only but her stupid brain refused to believe it. So many emotions were flashing in her eyes but most importantly the priceless guilt free happiness for her being alive. And then suddenly everything changed in a blink as she fought with her for the first and last time. After that she pushed her down and took the bullet to herself. And...and she died falling into that death end in the process of saving her.

A sweet childhood memory which was just a small one with her played in her head for the last time. The first time she saw Riya and picked her in her arms were coming near her eyes. The way they used to protect, defend, tail and glue to each other. The way they used to smile, laugh, play and copy each other.

Everything went like a wind of childhood memory breeze and a smile crept on her lips. But before she could smile widely the dreadful scene flashed and her breathing stopped. Her face became stoic and her heart stopped beating for a brief moment as silence captured her.

She died....
My sister died.
My little baby sister died!!
No.... This can't be happening... she can't leave me like this!!!

A horrifying scream escaped her throat coming from the pit of her stomach as reality dawned upon her. She tried to get up and run to that death end side but ended up crawling in a petrified state.

The fact that she was at gunpoint or was being watched didn't bother her but only her sister did.

"Riya... Riya where are you? Riya ..!", she cried out.

She reached at the end and peeked down only to gulp in horror. It was a fucking scary place at the dept of the mother land. And the fact that she might be dead by now made her inside churned up. She called for help. She cried out trembling and screaming with guilt and grief restraining her heart. She tried to look for her again as her voice echoed in her cells but looking down and around her she found none but her vulnerable self.

Her head leans on to the mother earth as tears streamed through her eyes. While her face flashed in front of her eyes. She replayed the clip of her falling down again in her brain only to drown in pain.

"She died because of m-me...
I killed my own sister instead of dying.
I k-kil-le-d m-my s-si-ste-r-r.....
I killed her.
S-she die-d bec-au-se o-of me", she bowled a cry as she fisted her hands and slammed on the ground.

The pain her heart concurred was tearing her apart and she swore to the god that she would never spare herself.

She kept on murmuring gibberish as she laid there when goons entered and taking her in their custody carried her somewhere. Dia was in a shock state losing the power of thinking, listening, or seeing anything near her which made those bulky dressed in black goons easy to pick her up.

A woman sitting beside her smirked as she saw her state and asked the driver to speed up.

.....

On the other hand, Karan was praying to God that Riya didn't commit anything stupid and they both were perfectly fine as he drove to the location. But still an unknown strong feeling of fear engulfed him, sending dreadful thoughts in his head. His hands clutched the steering wheel tightly as he dodged the cars and vehicles drove at a lightning speed.

Meanwhile, Krish who was waiting for Dia to show up for an hour now after getting this heart shuddering news was driving like a maniac. He even hit a car while speeding up as he was just numb, unable to think straight with a fear evident lacing on his face. He was just hoping everything would be fine and alright. As he didn't want to lose the second chance of having Dia in his life which God gave him after a difficult hardship.

His happiness, his Dia is all he wants and this time he is just not ready to lose her.

Karan and Krish reached the place almost at the same time huffing and heaving. They ran out of the car going ballistic and started calling Dia and Riya's name. But to their dismay they found the whole face barren with no single soul present which made their heart drop in the pit of their stomach.

Tears threatened to fall from Krish's eyes while Karan was in a guilt ridden shit. He was cursing himself to be unable to protect Dia again from pain.
Krish fell on his knees as he didn't find anyone but her car and leaning at the car he cried in silence, sitting there. Karan meanwhile found blood spots near the car at a few inch distance just a few steps before the death end. His heart crumbled down and he fell on his knees as well.

"So-m-eth-ing... Something bad has happened!", he manifests.

Krish's head snaps at him and grabbing his collar he takes him down as he hovers upon him.

"You bastard.... I'll kill you! It's because of you that my Dia couldn't live her life. From the day you entered our lives, only problems have knocked at our door.

I'll kill you...!!", Krish yelled as he strangled Karan.

"K-ri-sh....", he mutters.

Karan tries to get free from his hold but fails as Krish with a clenched jaw beats the shit out of him. He was raged and powerful and dominant right now while Karan was guilty and weak emotionally.

"First you married her, snatched her away from me. But then what huh? You couldn't keep that girl in your life; you chose her sister, leaving the real gem. And now...now that she is with me and you with Riya.....", a rough punch landed on Karan's jaw making him cough.

Karan looked at Krish with hurt in his eyes as his every word seemed true to him and was seeping through his skin. His heart was getting slashed with his bitter words while red was what Krish saw.

"But the story didn't end there...", grabbing his collar, he strangled him.
"You jumped in again with your wife as you couldn't see us happy. You again came to snatch my love, my only happiness", he continued and punched.

"But I swear last time I did let you go seeing your child's face...b-but this time if anything happens to 'My Dia' I swear I'll kill you", he threatens looking in his eyes straight.

Krish was about to hit him more but before that Derek came running and got him detached. Karan's jaw was bleeding and so were his lips at the corner. His nose was red and cheeks swollen. He didn't fight back for once as everything Krish said to him seemed true. He started blaming himself and the punches landing on him seemed like a part of punishment for his deeds.

"Have you lost it, Krish? The issue won't be solved by hitting him...", Derek yelled at Krish taking him away from Karan.

"Then what should I do... this bastard and his wife won't let us live in peace. Everytime happiness comes to my doorstep knocking they snatch it away. My Dia is missing, her car is here, blood spots are there and after that the death ends. What should I do? Where to find her? And how?", he screams, pushing away Derek lightly.

The cops behind them with the rescue team reached as Krish beforehand alerted them knowing the place where they were going. Seeing the crime scene, cops directed the rescue team and along with them Krish, Karan and Derek all went downhill.