45. Collecting Proofs

"When your loved ones are in trouble, you can literally fight with anyone fearlessly. And here she wasn't alone but with her other loved ones to protect her man"

Seating inside the car, Dia was reverberated through the anger inside her, sighs deeply. Krish sits next to her in the back seat while Derek was in a gunshot seat beside the driver. Leaning her head back on the seat, she lets her body relax those stressed muscles while Krish stares at her with foreign emotions locked in his eyes. But being unable to spill out anything, he rests his head back and stares out of the window.

The car started moving, and Derek, seeing the silence in the back seat with mixed emotions in Krish's eyes, looked straight ahead, leaning his head back. Everyone was exhausted by the mess they just got into. Derek pinched the bridge of his nose as he couldn't breathe in relief, knowing that 22 hours' sword was still hanging above their heads. And after going a few miles, he asked the driver to stop and drop him off there.

Dia's eyes flung open, and she looked at Derek, to which he replied that he couldn't be at peace until the truth came out. So, he is going to the club where Krish was last night and will find out the evidence for his innocence. Dia nodded and asked him to keep her updated with whatever he gets while she will be visiting the hotel after dropping Krish at home, and they bid bye.

Krish felt guilty and bad for some reasons for bothering Dia like this. He was happy that she was fighting for him on his behalf, but it was killing him internally that he got her into this exhaustion. Their surprise date was ruined, the proposal was left at stake, and again, one of her best smiles was ruined. She was so happy and glowing with delight, but it all got wiped off because of him.

"I'm sorry… I'm sorry that I couldn't make your day a beautiful memory and turned it into a nightmare. Because of me, you are so worked up and stressed.. Your smile... It's just...", He paused, feeling choked in his throat.

"You are not at fault, doofus... but me. It's all because of me", she said, leaning on his shoulder and hugging him from the side.

Krish was blaming himself for no reason, feeling responsible for the devastation of her happiness. While Dia was feeling sorry for ruining his happiness and surprise and bringing darkness into his life as well due to her sister, who can never let her live in peace. Because of her revenge, Krish, his mom, his father, Farha, and Derek were all suffering, and that was piercing her heart every second.

"No… Krish It's not your fault, but mine. I'm the cursed one, and that curse I got is in the form of a younger sister. She always jinxes my happiness, snatching everything from me. She destroys everyone and everything who is related to me, and this time you became her target because of me", she said, whipping silently.

Krish wanted to defend her from her own words when she made him silent, asking him not to say anything but just hug her back.

"I'll get this fixed, Krish... I will do it. I'll not let my sister be the biggest hurdle in my life this time. I will not let anyone take you away from me. 
You are the reason I smile, I laugh, and I like to be who I am! Yes, I agree. I said to you once that I couldn't love anyone anymore. But I guess you made me fall in love again. And this time, my love will be only mine to cherish till I die", she confessed her feelings.

Tears welled up in his eyes as he could sense the depth of her every word. A shiver ran down his veins as he saw his wildest dream come true like this.
The situation and the surroundings surely don't match the present moment, but still, it felt euphoric with her by his side.

His eyes were locked with hers, lost in each other, when the car pulled up to the gates of the mansion. Dia sighed and detached herself from him. She bid him bye and asked to be relaxed while staying with his parents. Krish was about to resist saying that he would go with her. But before he could say anything, she took his lips slowly and pulled him close while the curtains were down.