10. Bitter Truth

~ ✿~
"Some truths are unacceptable but even if we don't want like to hear it, that's the bloody truth"
~~ ✿~ ✿~~

Author's POV

When he reaches Karan's call also ends and and Samar shows him the ice cream in his hand which he was licking delightfully. His father smiled seeing his joyous face and ruffled his hair making him giggle. He then returns the money he gave to him making Karan squint his eyebrow. He looks at the money he handed and finds it to be the same amount as much as he gave. He thinks about it and wonders why he has money with him and if he didn't use it how did he get ice cream.

Getting on his son's level he tries to look calm and gentle, holds his son's arms and pulls him toward him.

"Did you have extra money with you, baby?", he asked.

Thinking he might have had it as Kabir gives him money sometimes when he asks for it.

"No", he replies quickly.

"Then how did you buy an ice cream?", he enquired.

"An aunty gave it to me", he says innocently.

"Which aunty?", he asks.

Samar looks behind near the ice cream cart to find her and Karan follows his gaze. They found a girl at the far end and Samar pointed his finger at her with a smile. She had her back facing toward them and Karan after watching her for a second or two turns to his son with a fake glare making him pout.

Karan then scolds him for taking it from a stranger and then Samar cutely narrates the whole incident. Karan sighs and then says not to take anything from others from the next time and he nods. Then they leave for home and after reaching home he shares everything with Kabir while Shalini was feeding him food and Karan was doing something on his laptop in the living room.

When he told about Divya and their incident it makes Kabir smile but even he warns him to not take anything like this from others as it's dangerous. But Samar then says that she wasn't a bad aunty but an angel aunty with that angelic look and that's why he took it or else he is smart to stay aware and they all laugh.

Kabir asks him why he feels she is an angel and he says that she looks totally like an angel who is very pretty and nice. And has a good heart also who lends her own ice cream to others because if he was in her place he would have never shared it. And that's why he liked her so much that if he was big he would have married her, making everyone laugh again.

At the same time, Riya enters the room and finds everyone smiling and asks what's the matter. Samar, hearing her voice, runs to her and says he wants to marry angel aunty. She raises her eyebrow and then Shalini explains to her making her squint her eyes and say it's not his age to marry and he should study. Saying this he pouts and asks his mother another second to play with him but she declines saying she is tired and retires to her room in a dry and cold manner.

Her child's face fell down feeling sad when he saw his mother's retreating back who was leaving upstairs without turning once. Karan, noticing his gloomy face, fumes in anger while Kabir ushers to cheer him up and says he doesn't need to be sad as he will play with him in his room. And they leave together with Samar in his arms making Shalini smile and go to her kitchen to bring refreshments for them. Karan after they left, fuming in anger shuts down his laptop and goes upstairs taking it with him.

Going to the room, she tiredly sits in front of her mirror and starts removing her makeup after getting changed in a silky gown in violet colour with a net coat. She was tired after the kitty party, witnessing the lies, fake friendship, condolence, care and smiles.