Chapter 31

Y/N'S POV

Even me, I feel really nervous, a feeling that surrounds my whole body right now.

It might not be visible, but deep within, it feels like I'm about to explode from the overwhelming anxiety.

Even if you say you've reviewed for a week to prepare for this, you still can't predict the actions of your competitors.

So there's a lot of reason to worry....

And here we go, they're about to call the top 3 of the Division Quiz Bee.

"Konkuk University!" the MC cheerfully said, and then the representative students went up to the stage.

Everyone clapped except for me; I didn't know how to react.

Then they were handed the bronze medal with a certificate and a white envelope that surely contained cash.

After taking pictures, the MC didn't hesitate and later called the 2nd place, which was...

"S-Sekang Academy!"

My eyes widened as Jimin and Suga stood up to go up on stage.

Why am I surprised when we all know that only the smart ones are sent to this kind of competition...

I secretly glanced at my side to see if she was surprised too, but she seemed busy watching the ceremony.

Is she regretting rejecting the smart guy who asked for her number and invited her to eat at the cafeteria?

But I can't read her expression; she looks so calm.

You're such a mess, self, huh?

Until she turned her head to look at me, and it made my adrenaline rush to avoid it.

Did she catch me staring at her like that?

This is so embarrassing //>_<//

Then I noticed that she was still looking at me. I frowned at her, which made her chuckle.

Why the heck is she laughing? This penguin is so...

"What?" I said while raising one brow.

"Nothing," she said with a smile, and continued watching the ceremony. They're taking pictures, and I noticed that Jimin looked in our direction.

He's grinning at us, especially at Mina, who's looking at him too.

"Don't tell me you have a crush on him?" I bluntly asked in a hushed voice while still looking at the stage.

I heard her chuckle and didn't turn to look at her, but in the corner of my eyes, she's gazing at me.

"You've asked two questions already, should I consider you're getting jealous?" She whispered to my ears, her warm breath making my heart pound really fast as I turned around to look at her...

We were only two inches apart, which made me mentally shriek from nowhere as my eyes widened. I pulled myself away from her as she chuckled at my red-cheeked reaction.

This penguin...

I don't know, but I got nervous about what she did. Is she teasing me?

I was about to speak when the emcee announced the first place and called.

"Congratulations!" The emcee exclaimed.

*drum rolls*

"HANKUK UNIVERSITY!" The emcee continued as the audience applauded.

I froze and felt confused because of my wandering thoughts.

If I'm not mistaken, I'm blushing, but...

This is Mina's doing! Why did she have to whisper that, and then—

I was interrupted when someone suddenly held my hand, snapping me back to reality.

"Let's go..." she said softly, gripping her hand into mine, and I went with the flow.

People applauded, and I still couldn't believe it...

"S-seriously? We're the first place?" I murmured while letting myself be pulled along.

I didn't realize that we were already on stage until the head teacher extended her hand for a handshake, and I warmly accepted it, along with the certificate and congratulations from her, along with Mina.

I also received a white envelope with a handshake and a congratulatory word from the guidance counselor, and, lastly, from the principal, who placed the gold medal on us.

We took pictures with the photographer, and I, who rarely smiles, found myself grinning in an unexpected moment, revealing my cute dimple on the right side of my cheek.

"Before you step down from this stage, can you please introduce your names and give a little speech about this..." emcee said through the mic.

Mina and I exchanged glances before accepting the mic.

Damn, why didn't Ms. Lee mention anything about this? Jeez, I'm not ready for this. TT

Speaking of Ms. Lee, she's wiping her tears while coming down from the stage; she can melt my heart right now. It's too precious.

Maybe she can't believe that we are the first place, even me, I didn't expect this kind of thing.

"Hi, I'm Mina.." a thin voice from the speaker appears, waking me up from my thoughts.

So, she greeted first.

"Y/n," I briefly introduce and take a little bow in front of them.

"A little speech? Any of you?" Emcee asks, and Mina pokes my cheek, making me turn and blush.

Why does she need to act cute to me, damn it.

And here I am, presenting myself as the one who will speak.

Who can resist a cute penguin, right?

Wait...

What should I say in front?

I'm just silent in Hankuk, then they ask me to speak here in Konkuk, what a fool.

"U-uhm... actually, I never expected to be here with my precious partner. I'm very thankful to our teacher who supported us until the end. I owe you a lot, Ms. Lee. Thank you for trusting us." I said with passion, and I'm thankful I didn't stutter speaking in front of the audience.

They gave us applause as we both bowed down and went down the stage.

"Nice speech ~" Mina smiled, her hands both behind her back, walking beside me as we returned to our seats.

I just looked at her and sighed.

I don't know, but there's something I'm noticing about this penguin... I just can't explain it.

- Time Skipped -

After the awarding, everyone decided to go back to their respective schools. Some said they would watch the game at Hankuk, which is in our school.

But for us, we decided to head straight to the restaurant to buy jokbal for Momo.

Since I'm here inside the van, Mina didn't bother to accompany me to the restaurant since she's with Ms. Lee.

I chose to stay behind and keep myself busy with my phone. Just casually listening to music while observing the surroundings.

I take a look at my wristwatch, and it has been 15 minutes, but they're still not here.

"Why are they taking so long?" I murmured, my concerned eyes reflecting in the mirror as I glanced outside, reminiscing about what happened today between me and Mina.