Chapter 26

Y/N'S POV

Following Sana's advice, I didn't hesitate to send a message to Mina.

To Mina: Hi :)

I sighed, closing my eyes, and clicked send.

[ Sent ]

Is this okay? Gosh...

At the corner of my eyes, I noticed that she glanced at me, smiled, and then looked at her phone.

Did she just smile at me? What does it mean, huh?

I got startled when my phone vibrated, indicating that there's a notification, and it was her reply.

From Mina: Uhm...hello?

Okay, here we go. What should I reply next?

I mentally facepalmed right now.

It's like I don't even know how to do that darn thing, I had to ask for help.

This is embarrassing.

To Mina: Are you hungry? so we can buy some food before the quiz bee starts...

Since I'm really hungry now, I'll send it right away.

If you are really hungry, don't think TWICE.

From Mina: I thought it was something private, that's why you messaged me. You can ask me personally, you know?

Gosh, I'm really shy about that kind of thing with you, my rival penguin.

I took some glances at her, and she's smiling a bit right now.

She's probably laughing at me...

I'm trying hard to be a nice person, you know? It's very hard to do with her, my rival penguin.

I was about to talk to Ms. Lee to tell her, but someone caught my attention.

It was a male student standing in front of us, especially in front of my rival penguin, which left me confused.

Do they know each other?

"Hi, I'm Jimin, and this is Suga. We're representatives from Sekang Academy," he greeted as they both bowed down to us.

"I don't give a fuck...." I murmured rudely, but Mina already heard it clearly as she looked at me weirdly.

"O-oh hi, I'm Mina, it's nice to meet you," Mina said, showing her gummy smile that made them pause for a while.

Okay, I'm not comfortable with them, to be honest.

"And you?" Jimin asked with a smile.

I looked at them with my poker face expression, but I didn't respond until Mina elbowed me lightly.

"Y/n." I shortly replied.

I secretly told Ms. Lee that we're going to buy some food since we're very hungry, and she just approved it.

As I look at them right now, it seems like they're very close like that. No way, this jerk is making some moves on Mina.

I cleared my throat to get their attention.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, but we need to buy some food right now," I coldly said.

I gently held Mina's hand, and she was surprised by my sudden action. We walked out of the gym, but before we could make it, Jimin asked, which made me stop from walking.

"U-uhm...c-can we exchange numbers so we can communicate with each other?" Jimin asked politely.

Mina was about to speak, but I held her hand tightly, making her pause and look at me.

"No." I answered him, but all he did was chuckle at me.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not asking you, though. I'm asking Mina-" Jimin was cut off by my sudden interjection.

"Still no for me," I said, and before he could react, we completely got ourselves out of the gym.

She was being quiet as she went with the flow with me. I didn't notice that I was still holding her hand.

Until I realized that we were here in the cafeteria, and I slowly let go of her warm hand.

There are some students here who are eating and glancing at the newcomers, giving us positive comments.

"What do you want to eat? You can choose whatever you want... it's my treat, by the way," I asked her as I took out my wallet.

I don't know what I would do if it were only a credit card; thanks to Irene-ssi, she gave me some cash.

"Why are you suddenly being kind to me? Y-you know what I mean..." she said with an innocent face, looking at me.

Hmm...kind?

I became rude, and that's why everyone keeps telling me to be a nice person to her. I only talk to her when it's about the quiz bee, and the rest of the time, I keep ignoring her. How rude of me.

And now, I'm trying to do what they want me to do since we're partners right now.

Or should I say, I can forget about the rivalry for a while...

"I'm just returning the kindness since you accompanied me here without any complaints." I stated, looking at the menu on the bulletin board.

"Water is enough," she said, making my brows furrow.

"What?" I reacted.

"I'm not hungry at all; you should eat and order now," she said, her worried eyes looking at me.

"No, I'll order some food for us." I said firmly. Before she could speak, I immediately went to the counter and ordered some food.

I glanced at her as she swayed herself, sitting in the available seats while resting her chin on her palms.

"Can I order 2 iced americano coffees and 2 biscuits?" I asked politely. She told me the cost, so I immediately paid for it and got my ordered foods.

I sat on the chair to face her, placing one iced americano coffee and one sandwich in front of her.