Chapter 2

MINA'S POV

I turned around and looked at Dahyun expectantly when she shouted my name, but her face collided with a book thrown by Bae Y/N. She pouted and we all chuckled due to her cuteness.

"Isn't it weird? Dahyun was calling you but Y/N seems to be shushing her." Momo said while munching on her chips.

I noticed that she was looking at me with an emotionless expression when Dahyun was calling me.

What's with her?

She's melting me with that stare.

"Don't mind them, they're probably just joking around," Nayeon said with a reassuring smile.

"Hey, shouting Mina's name is not a nice joke to tease someone," Momo stated which made everyone nod in agreement.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked them with a frown while Jihyo chuckled.

"I don't want to assume anything, but I smell something fishy about them," Jihyo said.

"Did they forget to brush their teeth?" Momo said in confusion that made Jihyo smack her.

She was about to whine but our teacher called Bae Y/N which made us stop talking.

I stared at her as she walked up to the teacher's desk with her hands inside her pocket, her face shows no expression.

"Damn. She's like walking on a red carpet. So hot~" Sana said and sighed, resting her chin above her palms while she looked at Y/N dreamily.

"Should we invite those cuties at our dinner celebration tonight?" Nayeon suggested.

"Oh shut up, you just want to spend time with Jeongyeon," Momo smirked and received a death glare from Nayeon.

"Says the one who has a crush on our captain ball." Nayeon fired back.

"I like the dinner celebration idea or whatever the hell that is, but I have to go. We still have paper works at the SSG Club." Jihyo said, making the two stop from arguing.

All of us are still eyeing Y/N as she accepted her report card while bowing to our teacher.

"Congratulations, Ms. Bae. You made it again." Ms. Lee said with a proud look on her face, which made her smile a bit.

Maybe she's at the number one spot on the rankings again.

"Thank you, ma'am." She said and glanced at me before returning to her seat.

What the–?

Nayeon elbowed me in the ribs, causing me to look at her.

"What's the meaning of that, huh? Why did she suddenly glanced at you for no reason at all?" Nayeon said in a teasing tone.

"Ooohh~ Bae Y/N, huh?" Momo teased me which made me look down and sigh.

"Does she maybe like you?" Sana said causing my eyes to widen in shock.

"Th-that's impossible...!" I murmured quietly but unfortunately, they heard it.

"The way she stares at you is so intense, it probably means something. And then Dahyun called you earlier which annoyed her for some reason. Then she glanced at you after receiving her report card." Sana explained.

I looked down when I felt my face heating up.

"So stares has a meaning to you now?" Nayeon asked.

"My point is that Y/N's stare is... meaningful." Sana deeply said.

"Everything has a meaning to you, tch." Nayeon rolled her eyes.

"Gays– I mean girls, there's no way that she'll like Mina." Jihyo appeared behind the two who's still arguing with each other.

They turned to look at Jihyo with furrowed eyebrows. I sighed.

"T-There's no way?" Sana asked in disbelief.

Jihyo nodded.

"Isn't it obvious? She's always cold to Mina and will do anything to avoid her. How can you all say that she likes Mina?" Jihyo explained.

She's right, I also noticed that even if she's cold, she talks to my friends nicely.

While she stares at me as if she's killing me inside her mind.

It's that kind of stare that even if she only looked at you for a second, you'll immediately feel that she hates you.

And that's what I feel up until now.

We're always beside each other on rankings, I'm only one step below her and maybe that's the reason why she hates me so much.

She sees me as her rival and I feel sad because I never saw her that way.