Chapter 29

Y/N's POV

I sighed for the nth time, celebrating internally because we just finished our last subject, which was the Korean Literature exam. In a few more minutes, we will be done.

Being partnered with my rival penguin is about to end, signaling that there's no way to talk to her like this again.

And I'm certain that tomorrow I'll sever this unpleasant connection with her and revert to being a cold person.

Actually, I almost fell for her trap a while ago. Thanks to the exam, I regained my composure.

I won't pay her any attention, but I'll be watching her every move.

She might have plans to go against me, and slowly, she's doing things to bring me down.

I'll never let her take my throne again.

For being an Ace Student...

I need to maintain that position until the end of the school semester, leaving my parents speechless, even though they don't appreciate my efforts at all.

- Time Skipped -

"Congratulations to everyone, you made it. We will be giving you a one-hour break, and after that, you need to go back to your respective seats in the gym, okay?" The teacher said, flashing her smile.

"YES ~ " we answered in unison, and she gestured that we could proceed now as she walked out of the room.

And, of course, everyone was happy upon leaving, EXCEPT for me, as I stood up, and there's immediately a jerk who confronted me.

Jimin, the jerk.

" Oh- " I bluntly reacted when we made eye contact.

Putting his hand in his pocket, he rolled his eyes at me and looked at Mina, who was standing beside me, looking confused.

"What the hell? Is he gay or what?" I murmured to myself, but Mina heard it, making her glance at me.

"H-hi Mina.. can you come and eat in the cafeteria with me? Don't worry, I'll treat you.." He said, making my brows furrow.

I mentally burst into laughter because he stuttered while talking to Mina.

I feel that Mina is looking at me, so I turned around and looked at her as well, making eye contact.

She's giving me a 'should I' look, making me more confused.

Wait...

Is she asking for my permission?

I just gave her an emotionless look and turned again to face Jimin.

"Sorry, but she already has someone to eat with, and that's me," I said firmly, holding Mina's right hand as we were about to walk away. However, he stopped me by holding Mina's hand on the left side.

What the fuck-

"Miss, since when did you become Mina's partner? Why are you acting like you're her girlfriend?" He asked sarcastically, causing my brain to momentarily stop functioning.

What did he just say?

Just because of that attitude, does it automatically mean we're a couple?

I mentally chuckled, hissing at him with a grin, while Mina gave me a worried look.

Oh no...

There go those eyes of hers, like she has a spell on me.

I turned again to Jimin, who was smirking at me. Gosh, he's so creepy, damn it...

"What if..." I said as I walked towards him, still holding Mina's right hand.

"I say yes?" I remarked as I removed his hand, making him frown and look at me.

I pulled Mina closer to me, wrapping both my hands around her in a hug, surprising her with my sudden reaction, but she managed to hold it.

THIRD PERSON POV

Mina was very uncomfortable with Jimin, which is why she gave Y/n an eyeing look. As a result, she's currently hugging Y/n, initially shocked by the sudden embrace, but she managed to hold it together since they were in front of Jimin.

It feels safe in Y/n's hug, and Mina doesn't want to let go right now.

She wants to stay like this.

She didn't expect things to turn out this way, but what surprises her even more is...

"Love, is it painful? Is his grip too tight?" Y/n asked with a pout, gently holding Mina's hand and giving it a massage.

Mina shrugged it off, blushing intensely as she offered a reassuring smile to Y/n, taking advantage of the latter's warm hug.

Meanwhile, Jimin remained shocked, and even Suga, who was observing their sweet moments, couldn't believe what was happening.

"Are you serious?" Jimin asked, laughing, which made Y/n furrow her brows.

Even Y/n didn't know why she did that. It was just an idea that suddenly popped into her mind to stop Jimin from bothering Mina.

"Hey, Jimin-" Suga tried to speak, but Jimin cut him off, still laughing uncontrollably.

However, it seemed like Y/n's remark didn't sit well with Jimin.

"Hey, don't laugh. Your breath smells like shit, damn it," Y/n sternly said with her emotionless expression, making Jimin stop laughing abruptly.

Jimin sniffed his breath multiple times to confirm whether it was bad or not, prompting Suga to facepalm.

......

Hi, if there are any typos, feel free to correct me since I'm not an expert in English. I'm a Filipino major, by the way >u<